Chapter 25

Liam's POV

Today was a long day. I've come to realize that women are the most peculiar beings alive.

Take my Junie for example, she is hot and then cold, yes and then no, in and then out, up and then down, and you just never know what she wants and when she wants it.

I am certain about a few things though, whatever it is that she wants to do, I will support it, except, of course, divorce. I don't even like the sound of that word, not to mention, having it uttered out of her mouth.

I am tired. It has been a long day indeed. Our plans, suffice to say, or not plans at all. The one we came up with now is more or less a runaway plan. Not a plan to get us out of the situation we are in.

Truth or lies.

That's what we promised each other. No matter whichever plan we take, whether it be truth or lies, we will take it, and make it our own story.

I don't know what plan to make out of this situation. I don't know how to react and the only person who will stand by me and help me make choices that are without bias is Matt because well, Alek is not on my fighting side at the moment and V, well let's just say V is V, and he is not to be trusted with big people's planning.

So before I can take a bath, I pull out my phone and speed-dial Matt, the only one who can help me now. He answers on its second ring.

"You expecting me?" I ask.

"I am." He retorts.

"What have you got me Staffordshire?" I take a seat on the bed, taking out my shoes.

"My mansion in Lakeville. It's secluded, away from the world, and away from the media. Maybe it can give you guys some alone time to figure this out because I know the two of you guys want to figure things out instead of just letting it be, and hoping for the best." He adds. "It will also give you guys time to learn one another, your likes, dislikes, and well, whatever that married people need to know about each other." He continues.

"You think?" I chuckle, grateful that I have someone like him to reason with me.

"Of course. You got yourself a keeper Nick, I'm not gonna lie, but in the same way, I want you to leave room for disappointment, regret, and maybe a little pain." He advises.

"Why?" I ask.

"She is scared, and scared people need continuous assurance that they shouldn't be scared, and if they get that assurance from someone they are not familiar with, they might back out and go back to their comfort place. I know you want this to work, but keep a little room for your heart to heal in case of loss okay?"

I knew he was saying this out of concern, and I understood what he meant. Junie was a beautiful ticking bomb that was ready to give up at any time and go home and I don't know why, but that scared me.

For the first time, being left alone, scared me. And it wasn't even someone I knew that much. But she meant a great deal to me. She was my wife, the woman I plan to live forever with, and if she allows me as promised, I get to love her, cherish her, and gladly let her bare my mark.

*****
After the hearty conversation with Matt, I decided it was best to take a bath to just calm my nerves down, and go have a meal with Junie. Maybe then I will have more confidence in the place of no plan.

After ten minutes of a nice soak, my bones felt revived and ready to take on yet another demotivating conversation from June( maybe). I get out of the shower, wrap a towel around my waist, and head over to the minibar to pour myself a drink. Just as I was doing that, I hear a knock on the door.

The thing is, I wasn't expecting anyone. I was supposed to see June in the next 30 minutes or so, and I didn't order any food. When I open the door, it's my dad's butler, Adam.

"Adam, what are you doing here, and how did you find me?" I pop my head out to see if there is somebody else outside.

"I am alone young master, but your father is summoning you back home." he hands me a letter.

I open the letter, and it states,

Liam Nicolai Preobrazhensky

You are hereby summoned back home by Timofel Preobrazhensky (father) and Jewel Sofia Preobrazhensky (mother) to be questioned about your future endeavours and future family plans.

Where: Home

Time: 18:00hrs

When: Tomorrow

Dress code: Black tux with a black turtleneck and black loafers.

Regards,

Mr. and Mrs. Preobrazhensky

So we have a tradition at home. We made a deal in our family that every 6 months we can get summoned by our parents to come home and we have to come back and attend the family gathering. The reason is, we travel a lot and we seldom come back home. So when we do, we discuss business matters, current plans, future plans, our love status, and everything under the sun.

What we hate, what's trending for us, and what we love and wanna do, and so forth.

It's usually a fun gathering where we plan board games sometimes, and usually, our dress code will indicate how our night is gonna go, and it's usually bright colors.

The last we had was green, and it was a germ theme. Disgusted was the outcome of the night. It was fun, to say the least, and we had a lot of lime and sprite so we could all drive home. 

But this is different. For starters, the theme color is black. And we may have had black before with other partners, never all black. It's shady on forms of ways because I messed my so called marriage, and suddenly, I'm summoned, it's too shady.

I thank Adam and I RSVP that I will make it tomorrow. And why is it so important to RSVP you ask, so my parents can plan the night according to who will be available. Yes, there is a penalty for not being there because sometimes summons come on random occasions such as now, and yes, we treat this summon thing quite serious.

If you don't attend, nor acknowledge the summon, it will be taken as a form of disrespect to the elders and the family, and you are going to be suspended from all family gatherings for the next four months, all contact with the family will be cut, and any business you were conducting within the family will be suspended, including the workers employed by the family.

We all have people who are close to us among the workers who are either on family grounds or people whom we went with. And they get paid by the family. And trying to pay them using personal money will forfeit them from ever working for the family and getting a good recommendation.

Meaning, no job, and thereafter, no life really.

So with my towel around my waist, I conference call my brothers and Matt, and they all pick simultaneously.

"Did you guys get the summon?" I don't greet them, and I just go straight to the story.

"Yeah, I did." V replies. "I bet we will be talking about you." He chuckles.

"Me too." Matt adds.

"So did I." Alek states with a sigh.

"And the theme color, what you guys got?" I inquire.

"White." They all reply. I stop short for a second.

"Wait, all white?" I continue.

"Yes." Alek is the first to reply. Followed by V then Matt who says the same thing.

"Well, seems like I'm going to be the main topic of the evening." I mutter.

"Which color are you wearing?" V questions.

"All black." I murmur.

"Seems like we found the black sheep of the family." Matt comments.

"No shit Sherlock." Alek mutters, not giving two screws about the whole conversation.

*****
Another chapter.

Tell me what you think guys.