Chapter 18

Junie's POV

How is possible? How is it that one kiss soothes my fast beating heart? Or is it because my dear husband is kinda of talented in this part of department?

Either way, I don't think I wanna know why this was calming. I'm glad it was, I needed the calm.

It's not like you wake up married and it's the most normal thing to not react. If anyone would be fine with this arrangement, I'd be shocked. 

In fact, I'd be certain that person is in need of medical attention.

"A holiday." Liam whispered the moment we parted from the kiss.

"Excuse me what?"

"A holiday, a private holiday. Away from the drama, and away from the world for a couple of weeks. Not until this all blows over, but enough time for me and you to actual be accustomed to each other." He explained.

His eyes had this glitter about it, I noticed. They were kinda sparking and I couldn't help but smile.

"Is it a yes?" He asked.

"What no!" I stopped him.

"So it's a no?" He inquired, slightly pulling himself away from me.

"I didn't say that." I replied.

"Huh?" He tilted his head in confusion.

"Well I did, but that's not what I meant." I tried to explain.

"Are women as complicated as you?" He let go of me and went to seat on the bed.

"Yeah, yes..." I stuttered, also confused "I don't know, are they?" I asked him, chuckling.

"You asking me?" He folded his arms.

"Okay no, I don't think women are as complicated as me, no." I answer.

"Let me guess, you are a unique version of your kind." I chucked again, coming closer to him.

" you can say that." I nodded my head.

"So the holiday?" He bought it up again.

"Look, I don't think it will be a good idea." I started.

"Why?" he cuts me off.

"Because of all that is happening right now." I state the obvious.

"That's the more reason why we should go. Look, a lot of people at this moment want a statement, a scoop of what is going on in our lives, and we can't have that if we barely know each other. The media is a crazy place. And the last thing we want is to be tangled in our own lies." He urged me to come close.

When I was close enough, he took my hand into his.

"I want us to work, but I don't have any idea of what I'm doing." He smiles. "But I hope the decision we took will be able to strengthen our relationship together." I shrug my shoulders, skeptical.

"We don't have to start as husband and wife, just friends. We can book different hotels with fake names and we can meet up daily, learn each, and see how it is to grow in each other's space. That way, you don't have to feel like everything is being pushed to you, and that it gets overwhelming for you." He continued. Well, that is an interesting idea I must say.

"I know that this is a lot. And it will take a lot of time to digest, but I also think going on a holiday will make our jobs so much lighter than having to try and learn each other through notes. There are things that only I should know." He stood up and pulled me closer.

"Like?" I challenged him.

"How your lips taste when I kiss you." He whispered, planting a peck on my cheek, "and how you blush after I do that." He rubbed my cheek with his thumb.

"How your hands tremble when you nervous," I looked away. "And how you care about the people around you." He turned my head back to him so I was facing him.

"And how you get scared of being judged for what is not true, or how you love your family without condition, or even how you prefer your own space than having others invade you." He continued.

"How do you know so much?" There is no way he was that much of an observer.

"Let's just say,  I can't take my eyes off my wife. She is just truly breathtaking." He whispered the last part, making the hair on the back of my neck stand.

"You jest. " I put on a British accent.

" I kid you not, my love." He mutters in a very husky voice.

"Okay let's say, hypothetically, I agree to this holiday,  where would we go?" I ask.

"I know this village just outside Maldives, it's called Valles. It's very secluded, traveler's rarely go there, and well, the reception is bad. There is also that, and cameras are not allowed, privacy purposes." He replies.

"But if cameras are not allowed, what happens to the phones?" I inquire.

"Unfortunately, phones stay on mainland. They provide us with their own radios that we communicate with." He replies.

" you know a lot about this place." I chuckle.

"I've been there a couple of times when I was running away from home." He explained.

"You like doing that? running away from home, from your problems?" I ask, curiosity getting the better side of me.

"I just, sometimes I need a break away from the world. It gets hard you know," he stands up, and I follow him.

"And I just need a break away from it all." He continues as he turns around to face me and takes my hands into his and slowly starts rubbing the palm of my hands.

"Does it get better when you come back?" I whisper.

"No," He chuckles, "But I come back stronger and ready for battle, which is usually crazy trust me. Look, going there won't be the worst thing that could happen. Maybe then this whole crazy thing that we trying to fix, or rather build will be good enough for the media, but most importantly, for our parents."

"You are convincing me, and I think it working." I smile at him, thinking going away won't be that bad. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?

***

Hello world.

I am back and I am back, I think. Jokes, I am back. This is another of my crazy chapters that are infamous writing that a couple of other website may or may not want. I hope you like and enjoy this semi chapter. 

This author loves you to the moon and back, and into Neptune.