chapter 5

Yoenjun's POV

11:00 a.m

I woke up with a pounding headache. I fixed my hair, again, wore my shoes, and I headed to the bar, again.

When I got to Carls, I sat in the pub area and I ordered ribs, a cocktail drink, water, more shots, and thanks to Carls, two aspirins.

I downed the aspirins first, and suddenly the door opened. When I glanced towards the door, there stood a man.

A very handsome man.

He had a man bun, was in a white three-piece tux, and he was bulk. He had flawless olive skin, green Amazon eyes, a strong jawline, and brood shoulders.

He came in, and I turned back around, and I started with my ribs. I was darn hungry. He came and he sat next to me, and he ordered whiskey on ice.

His presence was soothing yet, nerve-wracking. But being around him made me feel somewhat safe. And you wanna know what's funny about that? It hasn't even been two seconds since he sat down.

Oh well, it's probably the alcohol. I thought to myself nodding my head trying to knock myself to mini sense.

"Bad day?" He asked, taking a glance at me. And to be honest, I kinda hiccupped when he spoke to me. His voice was so husky, yet, it was like a lullaby.

So all I did was nod, with my mouth stuffed with meat.

"You don't talk much?" He asked again.

I took a napkin and I wiped my mouth and I swallowed. I then looked at him, and I noticed a scar and his forehead. I felt an urge to talk about it, but I stopped halfway when I felt an urge to throw up. Carlson saw what was happening and he immediately hurried with water.

I quickly drank the water and I could finally talk.

"Sorry," I muttered looking away. "I'm not having an ideal normal human day." I looked away.

"Human day? Is that why you are in a wedding dress? you jumped your wedding?" His whiskey was delivered and he downed it in seconds and asked for another one.

"Yea...oh, but it gets worse." I chuckled, taking one shot and drinking it in one go.

"I need a husband." I shook my head.

"Huh?" Poor guy was dumbstruck, tilting his head.

"To jump my wedding and save my sister, more like, give my sister her husband, I had to pretend that I was married but now that I'm not, I need to get me a husband." I rubbed my forehead in frustration.

"Didn't think two people would think of a stupid idea in a day." He muttered.

"Excuse me?"

"Well, would you look at that? It seems like we have something in common." He slightly chuckled, speaking up, taking a sip of his second drink.

"Meaning?" I asked, my eyes still closed and my hands supporting my leaning head.

"I also jumped my wedding." I slowly raised my head.

"What! Why?" I quickly looked up at him.

"You sound surprised." He was still looking straight ahead. His voice was unwavering, but you could see that he was also having a bad day.

Typical runaways...

"Well, it's not every day runaways meet each other." I smiled. Taking another shot and downing it.

I'm getting good at this shot thing. I thought to myself.

"So, why you jumped yours?" I asked.

"Well, I was saving a good friend of mine who didn't want to marry me. I couldn't just let her marry me just because my mother has this weird idea that all her sons should be married at age of twenty-five." He took another sip, oblivious to the fact that his drink might be strong.

"And you want to know the funny part," He continued, "I also ran away saying I already have a wife."

I choked on my cocktail.

"You kidding." I giggled.

"Am not." He shook his head.

I smiled.

Would you look at that...two runaways in need of each other.

"Well guy, seems like we have the same problem, and with problems come solutions, solutions we don't have." I let out a sigh.

"But before the end of the day, we can have fun, laugh, and be happy, at least forget that we both lied to save the people that we loved," I spoke cheerfully, feeling confidence raising inside of me.

"This was gonna work." I thought to myself, nodding my head.

"So come on Mr runaway, let's dance to night's content, eat like we freaking gluttons and let's sing until we lose our voices." Before he could protest, I pulled him to the dance floor and we started dancing. But that was before he protested like he was crazy.

Men...

But of course, at the end of the day, my charm worked wonders.

After a load of shots, cocktails, water, dancing, playing pool, eating, and more shots, at least one thing was worth my day. Something good came out of the mess we created just so our people were happy.

After I had spent time with Mr runaway, I learned that he was Nicolai Liam Preobrazhensky, a Russian. He was kind, weird and he owned far too many hotels, gaming resorts, and casinos to last him lifetimes over.

We danced, we ate and we sang karaoke. The club only belonged to a few of us during the day and by noon, I was drunk but not, full and tired.

We sat down, and I drank some water.

"Well, what do you think about today Nico? Not the worst thing right?" I smiled and I folded my arms. My face was sweating, my hair a weird crazy mess, and my dress was all dirty on the end tips of it.

"I have to say, Miss Junie, you are an amazing woman." He moved closer to my ear, and I backed up a bit to balance, then I stopped. "And it's not every day I meet someone who can swipe me off my feet." He continued. I giggled, covering my mouth.

I think I'm drunk.

"Maybe it's the alcohol," I commented.

"Maybe," he repeated. He was now close to my face, our eyes locked into each other. My heart was beating fast.

The heck??

No matter how weird this felt, I didn't want to move. I wanted Liam to do what he wanted to do and quite frankly, this was the first time I was this reckless.

But somehow it felt right. This moment, with him, drank, sticky, and with our voices semi gone, I was content.

I didn't about dad that was probably gonna kill me, my mom who had the potential to disown me, and my friend who was highly likely to turn me into a stew.

This was good.

It was all good.

So as Liam cupped my chubby cheeks into his strong yet soothing palms, caressing and pulling me close into a kiss, nothing mattered because, in this moment, I was good, and maybe even happy.

************************************************

And she is back.

How is this story going along dear readers? Is it good, too fast processing, too slow, talk to me...

I love you so many dear readers 😍😍😍