Chapter 2

Liam's POV

09:30

"Liam! you are getting married in 2 hours, why are you still in your pajamas?" My mom barged into my hotel room, yank opening the curtains.

"Ummm.." I groaned, covering my head with the duvet, turning my body to face the other direction "Five more minutes please." I muttered.

"Liam Nicolai Preobrazhensky!" Her voice echoed in the room and I shot up, seating up. Matt, Vladimir, and Aleksandr came running in. When they saw my mom, they halted and tried u-turning as fast as they came in.

But mother dearest stopped them. "Oh, y'all better stop right there." She snarled. I smiled. I knew I wasn't the only one who was going to be in the doodle alone.

"Why is Nicolai still in his bed huh?" She looked at them like she was ready to castrate them.

"I..-" Matt pointed at V.

"We..." V tried explaining, failing at it, looking at Alek.

"Mom I can explain." He raised his hands in defeat.

I covered my mouth, trying to conceal my laughter that could burst out any minute now.

"I don't need your explanation." She was speaking through her teeth and I knew, she was as mad as she could be. "Alek, you the oldest, I expected more from you," I swear if mom continues, I will burst out. She then looked at me, and my face went stoically serious in 2.0 seconds.

"And you," She pointed at me, "You better be ready when I come back here or God so help me." She turned around, and stomped her feet, and left. The moment she shut that door, I and V burst out laughing, Matt patted his chest breathing out and Alek just looked at me like he was ready to murder me.

"Serious Nico, I woke you up three hours ago. Why in the world did you go back to sleep?" He folded his arms, his face now looking like dad.

"Man, that gesture makes you look like a reasoning man." I chuckled getting out of bed.

"Nico, you getting married today. You can't be toying around like this." He went to the closet and took out my suit and neatly placed it on the bed.

"Oh give the guy a break. It's not like he wants to marry Kat anyways, no offense." V told him, raising his hands, sitting on the mini sofa that was near the bed.

"Thank you." I went to the minibar. "Kat is a wonderful woman yes, she'd make a good wife yes, but let's face it, Kat said so herself. She doesn't want to get married to me." I poured some vodka for myself and I took a sip.

"I wonder why she'd say that," Alek asked, folding his arms again. V came to the bar but took a bottle of water and started downing it.

"Oh don't look like that. It's not my fault I inherited dad's genes." I poured more vodka.

"You mean to say, it is your fault for parading yourself around Russia, in every club so to be noticed." He pressed his lips in.

"Brother, that was two months ago." I tried defending myself.

"Yea the two months in which you knew you were already engaged to her. If I didn't know better, I'd think, you didn't even wanna get married." He scoffed and I smirked. Well, that part is right. I didn't want to get married. Hack, I was only 25. What was I going to do with a wife, wife her? The hack do you do that?

"You know brother, you could always take a second wife," I smirked, playing with my eyebrows.

"Yea, if you want Svetlana to kill me, sure." he sarcastically replied, he leaned on the wall. Matt was quietly standing near the door. I think he was still trying to calm down. Matt has always been scared of my mom. I think it's the accent though. Even though I know that my mom loves him as his own, when she starts yelling, all that goes out the window.