Chapter 27

Yoenjun's POV

I was nervous, I think we have established that. The last time I spoke to my dad, or even saw my dad he almost passed out in church, which was like 24 hours ago. But if you asked me, it feels like a lifetime ago.

And now he had passed out made my heart ache so bad I can't help but think it was my fault.

Who am I lying to? I know that it's my fault that Dad is in this situation and I can't help but think of the what-if situation.

What if for example, I didn't just say I was married and that I explained this before it got out of hand, what if, after deciding to marry I just went home, what if I called my parents instead to check up on them, to tell them I'm okay, what if Yoonie didn't have to marry in secret and that I just lived my life the way my parents had ask, what if, -"

"You okay?" Liam interrupts me.

"It's my fault," I mutter. "Dad being in the hospital is my fault," I repeat.

"No, it's not," Liam assures me.

"But we both know it is Liam." I finally look at him with glossy eyes.

"My dad has never, and I mean ever gone to the hospital because of heart issues. Dad didn't even have a heart issue, and now suddenly he does. Do you have any idea how awful I feel right now?"

"June, you can't blame yourself for everything."

"But I am because I know that it's my fault."

"Then what about Yoongi?" He asks.

"What about her?" I cue.

"Do you regret helping her?" he adds.

"No!" The no came more as a defense.

"Then how would you have changed this situation if you could?" He inquires.

"I could have told my parents about the whole from the get-go and we wouldn't be here at all." I truly replied.

"And what would have happened if you told them the truth then?" he looks at me for a second then continues to face the road.

"I don't know, but it would be better than this because my dad wouldn't be in this position," I mutter, shrinking in my chair.

"You sure about that?" He raises his left eyebrow.

"Noooo." I drag the no in a whisper.

"Then stop beating yourself about this. If the arranged marriage thingie didn't happen, then Yoongi wouldn't marry in secret, and you wouldn't have to resort to marrying a handsome Russian man like myself," I chuckle as he says this.

"And, maybe then your dad wouldn't be here. But, it did, and well, you chose your sister's happiness instead of your own, which is a Noble deed if you asked me." He smiles, "But it led to a series of events that made your heart hurt. You can't always have what you want the way you want it to love." he infers.

"I know, but can't help but feel a tiny bit of guilt, and how is it that it's easy for you to call me love?" I question him.

"We all feel guilty when our parents get hurt. Trust me, I know, and calling you love, well..." he chuckles.

"You think?" I inquire, skeptical, and this was going for both questions.

"Of course. But I do advise that next time you make a crazy decision, let it not include you marrying someone who you met just a few hours before. Is that clear?" he suggests.

"Oh honey, I'm not doing that ever again." and it was true in all sense. Liam is the only man I will ever marry, period. He is my do-or-die. My everything or nothing at all.

"Good now, good see your dad. I'm sure he would like to actually see you." I didn't even realize that I just reached the hospital and he was parking.

Although I am worried about my dad, I can tell that Liam had something to say to me.

"Are you okay?" I query instead.

"Yeah, we will talk about it later," he states.

"You sure?" I press.

"Yes. Now go see your dad, I will be waiting for you here."

It was a good idea for both of us that he stays in the car as I don't want more drama than I already am going through.

And knowing the paparazzi, they would probably say something along the lines of us going for a baby check-up, although they know full well that my dad just go a heart attack.

I get out of the car and I head straight to the front desk.

When I get to the reception, I meet a short brunette in scrubs carrying a clipboard, before I can even utter anything, she beats me to it.

"You are her?" it comes out more of a question than a statement.

"I am who?" I am all over the news and she might mean that, or she could be talking about the girl whom she caught cheating with her boyfriend, and between the two, although demanding, I would prefer staying Mrs. P.

"The girl from the news, Kingdom's designer," she goes on.

"Yes, that is me." I nod to her to cut it off.

"Are you here for a check-up?" she raises her eyebrows up and down smiling slyly.

"No, I came for my dad, you know, the one who just got a heart attack," I was getting mad at this whole thing.

"Oh," I could hear the disappointment in her voice. "Name of the patient?" she asks.

"Mr. Kim Soo Yo," I utter.

"I will have it checked for you." she heads back to the computer and she starts typing.

After a good solid 10 seconds, I was counting, she looks up and smiles at me.

"You may proceed to room 5C on the ninth floor." I bow my head in courtesy, and I rush to the elevator.

When it opens, there are two ladies in the lift, looking fairly young. They come out of the elevator and I jump right in. I press the number nine, and never have I ever been so anxious.

Is my dad mad at me? Is that a trick question, of course, he is mad. I shake my head.

Will he kick me out of the house, or should I just apologize? What if he doesn't accept my apology, what if he asks for the truth? The real truth. Would I be able to utter it? Before I can even answer any of these questions, the door opens on the ninth floor and I take a breath before I step out.

I block all the questions in my head and I just hope. I hope that my dad is okay, I hope that he forgives me, I hope that mom forgives me and is okay with this whole thing, and that I get a chance to explain to her and they get to meet Liam. I hope for a happy ending, like in the movies where everything feels farfetched and too good to be true, like I said, I just hope.

Before I open the door, I hear the doctor speak.

"Mrs. Kim, it was too sudden, and unfortunately he came in a bit too late and there is nothing we could do,"

My heart stops.

Please no... My voice cracks.

My mom's wailing breaks through in the room. Yoongi says no, and I hear a loud thug.

I immediately open the door, and my mom is on the floor and Yoongi is rushing to her. I look at Nickolas hoping his eyes could give me an explanation, but I am met with a stoic look and he shakes his head, and the world I've so known and has been protected by suddenly comes crashing down, and I know, with everything that has been happening, I just might not survive this.

****
Dear readers

Honey is back, honey is flourishing, honey is happy. Here is another chapter.