Chapter 22

Yoenjun's POV

"Are you okay?" Liam asks the moment Alek is out of the room.

"Yeah, I'm okay," I assure him. While we are still trying to settle down, a knock at the door disrupts us.

We all look at each other because we were not expecting any visitors. Well more specifically, I wasn't.

Liam goes and opens the door, and I hear an unfamiliar voice following him into the room.

When he shows up, a young man with jet black hair, olive skin, broad shoulders, and hazel eyes comes into view.

He is almost tall as Liam, just an inch to two shorter.

Before Liam could introduce him to us, he smiles and says to me, "You must be Junie."

All I do is look at Liam, trying my best to not make this awkward and weird.

"He is Matthew Staffordshire, my best friend." Liam formally introduces him.

I finally flash a smile towards him and mutter, "And you must be Matt." I reply like he wasn't just introduced to me a second ago. He comes close to me, takes my hand, and kisses it for courtesy.

"Pleasure to meet you Mrs. P. I've heard a thing or two about you." He comments.

"Ahem." Vladimir clears his throat. "I wouldn't droll over her if I were you. You don't wanna see how protective Nico can get." He mutters loud enough for him to hear.

He smiles at me one last time and he lets go of my hand and moves to Merc.

"And who may you be, fair Lady?" He takes her hand and kisses it. I look at Merc and her ears are red as tomatoes and I know instantly, that the girl is blushing.

"Mercedes Penelope Creek, the bride's best friend." She utters trying her best to sound normal but I know the homegirl, and she is not coping with this amount of eye candy.

That's what she would call it anyways.

"Alright, now that you are here, you can take a seat and advise us on our plan B without being bais of course." Liam begins, pulling Matt away from Merc and getting him a seat close to her.

A solid move.

"What happened to plan A?" He asks.

"Alek happened." Vladimir retorts.

"So I guess plan A was as solid as plans come but rather difficult for some to prosecute." Matt comments.

"What makes you say that?" I ask.

"Alek is like that. He makes solid-proof plans, but they always come at a high price or huge sacrifice. I wonder which one it was this time around." He casually explains.

"The plan was easy I think. I was just a coward to follow through with it." I reply in true honesty.

"So what do you wanna do Mrs. P?" He looks at me.

"Why are you not imploring Liam about that question?" I inquire, curiosity getting the better side of me.

"I know he would follow you where you go." I don't know why, but that was both sweet, and a bit impulsive.

"Isn't that a bit impulsive though?" I add.

"Not really no. I'd like to think it's one of his good qualities. He would rather sacrifice his happiness for somebody else to feel happy, safe, and secure. And in this case, that person is you. It's more of a fatal flaw if you asked me." He deciphers.

I look at Liam for a second, then back to Matt.

"How so?" I query.

"You never really know what he wants for himself. And you never really know when he is happy about the decision he has taken." I look at Liam again who just smiles at me and shrugs his shoulders.

"Let's take the wedding for example. The real reason why he jumped his wedding wasn't that he was feeling rebellious, but it was because Miss Kat was in love with someone else." I look at Liam, my eyes almost leaving their sockets.

"When did you find out?" Liam asks.

"Today." Matt answers and proceeds with the story.

"And making a mess out of the wedding would ensure that nobody else would wanna marry Miss Kat in the business world as the person she loves isn't well off. So she can finally marry who she loves and they can be happy. Because you see, even if Liam wasn't happy with the marriage, he was gonna make it work with Miss Kat if she didn't have somebody she loved. That's why he sacrificed himself. So Miss Kat could be happy. So Mrs. P, you still think he is impulsive?" Matt asks.

Instead of answering him I stand up and walk to Liam. When I get to him, my heart is pounding out of my chest because I know I'm about to make a mess of things trying to stop this man from always putting himself second. 

"What do you want?" I whisper, looking straight into his sunlit eyes.

"You wanna be my genie?" He smiles.

"If you want me to be, yes, I'd like to try," I answer, secretly regretting it.

"I want you to stay. I want to stay with you so we can figure this out. We don't have to go to the secret island that I imposed, we can stay here, a week max, to really figure things out because if we make one wrong move, it may be over for good. And I wanna do this right. Whatever happens to us, I don't wanna have regrets and you going home makes me scared that you may not come back. And that isn't giving me a chance to be what I want to be to you." He finally says what he wants.

"We don't have to stay in the same room, we can sleep in different rooms, and then we can formulate a plan, whichever way you see fit, truth or lies, I will take it, and I make a good story and then after that, we can act accordingly." He continues.

"I like it better when you say what's on your mind. It assures me that I'm not messing up." I admit. " I also don't know what I'm doing, but that doesn't mean you let me do what I want just to make me happy. We have to meet each other halfway, is that okay?"

"Yes Mrs. P." He smiles, showing off his beautiful straight teeth.

"So, what's the plan now?" Vladimir asks.

"We staying here for a week." I stand aside so I'm side by side with Liam.
"Get our heads around a more solid plan, when we have decided, we will proceed. Truth or lies." I look up at Liam, repeating his words.

"Truth or lies." He repeats them. And for a second, I feel like I'm living in a movie that is not well thought out.

********
I am back with another one.

DJ Phoenix, we the best music, and jokes. What do you guys think of this chapter?

Me loves you.