Chapter 29

Liam's POV

I don't know why, but I don't think I should have let Junie go alone. I just feel really uneasy having to see her go alone.

I take a deep breath and try to calm down. When I look out the window, a few minutes later, I see the paparazzi, rushing in.

I check my phone for any updates or any news, mainly on Junie's father. I know it may be far-fetched, but Junie is in there and we still a hot topic, so I don't want her to go through more than what she is already going through.

Before I even check out what's happening, I get a pop-up message, which shows Junie sitting on the floor crying her heart out and the headlines say, 'It's been confirmed, CEO of Kingdom Mr. Kim Soo Yo has Passed.'

I don't need to be told, but I get out the car and I run to the hospital. The media can lie, I tell myself, the media can lie, whilst heading inside. When I get to the reception, I am met by a short brunette.

"You, you are him?" she is a bit confused and shocked when she says this but says it anyways.

"If it's your crazy ex-boyfriend, then no, I don't think he is this handsome, but if it's Liam Preobrazhensky, that's me," I cut her short.

"Oh my-," she grasps.

"Please let me cut to the chase." I interrupt her. " I need the room number for Mr. Kim Soo Yo,"

"You married to Junie?" she whispers, like it's dawning on her on who I am.

"Yes, now please. The room number," I can feel my anxiety levels skyrocketing by a second, and the more this woman is taking her sweet time, the worse it's getting. 

"And how are you related to him?" She asks.

"He is my father-in-law," At this point I don't even want to understand the logic of how her brain works. She literally just asked if I'm married to Junie.

She checks her computer, and after a few seconds, her facial expression changes.

"Mr. Preobrazhensky, I am not sure how to tell you this,"

"Just tell me," I plead with her.

"I am sorry, but it's just been confirmed ten minutes ago that Mr. Kim Soo Yo has passed on." she utters, stopping my world for a second.

"What?" disbelief engulfs me, and I stumble back to catch my breathe.

I never got to see the old man, he never had the chance to listen to our side of the story, not what the world is saying, but the truth. The real truth on why Junie did what she did, and just how much she regretted it and wanted to go home. He never got her apology, and, my thoughts wonder to her. How is she feeling right now?

Before I can ask, Miss brunette adds, "His room number is 5c on the ninth floor,"

"Thank you," I am able to mutter and I start running to the elevator.

Junie...

I immediately rush off but when I reach the elevator, it's packed with people trying to also take a rode so I ditch it, and I start heading up by foot.

When I get there, I am panting, trying to catch a breathe, and that when I see her. It's like the world goes into slow motion and, there she is, being pulled in a stretch bed by two doctors.

They pass me, and just as everything felt frozen for a second, but in that moment, I unfreeze myself and I follow them.

"Where are you taking her?" I hastily cue, following behind.