Chapter 17

Liam's POV

"Okay, now that we are here, I'd suggest that we stand with each other, even when we all, are well, ready to kill the bride and groom." Merc was yet again standing in front of everyone, addressing us.

And when she said this exactly, Alex looked at me with his brown fiery eyes, quiet ready to end my life.

"We need a solid story, something that will convince everyone that this couple didn't meet in some dodgy place, and decided to wed each other." She continued. I looked at Junie, who was playing with her hands which I noticed were starting to tremble.

I moved from where I was, and I went to her, disturbing Merc in the process. I didn't say anything when I got to her. I just held out my hand, and she looked at me. For a second she seemed to hesitate, but she eventually took my hand into hers, and I pulled her, so she could stand up.

Her hands were soft, the softest I've ever touched.

"You okay?" I asked, smiling down on her.

"I think I am." She whispered. I didn't know my wife that well, but I knew that she was lying.

"Yeah, you not a good liar honey." I commented. She chuckled.

"You think?" I slightly rubbed her hand softly, trying to sooth her raging emotions, whatever they were.

"I know so. Your hands are trembling and,-"

"Sorry to disturb the lovey dovey session," Merc interrupted us, "but we have serious matters we have to deal with, like coming up with a story, unless you'll are not aware of that". I was towering over Junie, and since she is shorter than me, only I could see Merc, not her.

I slowly turned towards her, and faked smiled, and spoke through my teeth.

"A minute is all I ask. Is that so wrong Mercedes?" I asked, clearly annoyed. I know we needed all hands on deck, but we also needed to breathe, to take it all in, and be in each other's space.

"Fine." she raised her hands in defeat. I turned back to Junie.

"Two minutes, let's go talk, away from everyone, is that okay with you?" I politely asked her. All she did was nod. Before we could leave though, Junie's phone rang. Everyone stood still.

It was like if someone dared to speak, all our secrets would be exposed. Her Katy Perry ringtone, unconditionally blast through the room. Junie was close to me, and I could hear heart racing. I was certain that if she answered that call, she would pass out.

"Let's see who it is." Merc finally broke the silence. She walked across the room. When she got to the phone, she picked it up, and she smiled instead.

"It's Yoongi." She informed us. Junie exhaled, patting her chest.

"Please talk to her. Tell her that I'm fine. Tell her I'll text her tonight. When I'm all good." Junie informed Merc. For the first time Merc just followed Junie's instructions without question, weird.

I continued holding her hand, as she pulled me towards to the bedroom that we were in with Alek.

When we were inside, she let go of her hand, going to sit at the edge of the bed, and I closed the door behind us. This was the reason for all of this. To talk to her, without anyone to look at her, or me, like we killed the president or something.

Here we both could breakdown in front of each other, and no one could judge the other, well I hope we didn't. This was the last place I could run too.

Her.

Right now, she was the only place I could find solace. I hoped she saw me like that too. Or I hoped I could be that to her too.

"You okay?" I asked her again. I knew somehow her answer would be honest now, without anyone to judge what she says.

"Honestly, I don't know." She sighed. She started to rub her temples, closing her eyes. "This just feels so so crazy. Being married to you, I mean. Yesterday it was all fun and mad because I was drank, and I now that I'm sane, I just wanna run home, and hug my mom, and say sorry to dad and, I wanna stay with Yoongi the whole night and listen to her fashion week craze. But here I am, with you, I barely know you, and I don't know what to with that. Being married, I already am having cold feet, is that even possible?" She finally spoke up, her eyes filling tears.

She finally said what she was thinking and apart of me was happy, another part, kinda sad, maybe even disappointed. I'm not sure how to be feeling honestly. It's that feeling where you relieved, but disappointed, but not really disappointed, sad, but not. It's conflicting.

"Then there is Merc. I needed her yesterday before the day began, before I made stupid decisions, but she was away. And I don't blame her. She has her own life to live, but I'm her friend, her best friend, and I needed her here and, she wasn't." She choked on her tears, wiping them away, standing up.

"But now, she is out there, doing whatever it is to help me. Then there is you and your brothers," She pointed at me. "I mean, I don't even know why you jumped your own wedding. I had my reasons which I believe are plausible, but you, I don't even know why you here. Why are you here Nicolai, really, why?"

"I don't know." I finally admitted.

"You don't know?" She chuckled. "Well, isn't that fun?"

"Why you mad at me for? I get that I don't have a 'plausible' reason like you, but this marriage, the reason why we here is because we decided, me and you, that we will marry someone we have never met before because we wanted to save the people dear to us, and here we are. In this place, now. What do you want me to do June? Do you wanna end this marriage now?" I asked, terrified that I was even suggesting it.

My mom would never let me live after that breakup. I mean, that was a whole marriage right there, done the drain. And I can never undo that. Plus too, that would be the worst eyeball. The media would eat me for dinner for the next six months.

I'd probably be disowned by my family. And all it was gonna take was for this woman to say yes, she wanted a divorce.

"No, how could you even think that?" Her nose was furring.

"What do you want me to say then?" I asked, getting annoyed.

"I want you to be a husband! I want you to be my husband in this moment." She yelled.

"But I am!" I yelled back.

"No, you not. You supposed to tell me that I'll be okay." She lowered her voice. "Even when I yell, you not supposed to yell back at me, but hug me, caress my cheeks, and wipe my tears. Something like that, I don't know." I smiled, looking away.

"You crazy, you know that right?" I commented, slowly moved towards her, she wiping the remaining of her tears.

"You not supposed to do that though." I commented, pointing at her tears.

"Sorry." She smiled. When I got close to her, I cupped her cute round face into the palm of my hands.

"Like this?" I asked.

"Yes." She whispered, her eyes still glittering with tears.

"Then do I also do this?" I wiped the last drop of tear that was running down her cheek with my thumb.

"Yes." She replied.

"Did you watch all this in a movie?" I asked, smiling at my wife.

"Blame Yoongi." She pouted.

"Then I believe you know what's follow mam." I whispered, leaning, kissing her soft strawberry scented lips, hoping I was kissing all the worries that where holding her at random.

*************

And I have returned.

The runaway author is back. Yep, she is back. Hopefully, this time she doesn't run away because this book is worth it.

She still loves you. This author loves you lot.