Chapter 19

Junie's POV

What have I got to lose right? I mean, this is already a shit show. What could I possibly do to make it better, but to leave and come back at least having a fighting chance?

Well, let me see... I have everything to lose. My family, my job, my sanity, Mercedes, and all the little bits in between.

So no, this holiday is crazy, and it's definitely an idea I'd love not to explore as it's everything that I'm foreign too. So I can't go, I thought to myself, I really can't.

"So?" Liam brings me back to life. His face held so much excitement and it was gonna take a U-turn fast.

"I want to go home." I mutter.

"Excuse What!?" His voice changes fast, so does his expression.

"Home," I repeat. "That's where I want to go right now."

"Are you crazy?" He questions, letting go of my hands. "Do you have any idea of what you asking for right now? Didn't you hear anything we spoke about? Home," He hands quotes, "Is most definitely the last place you should go, and be right now."

"No." I immediately utter back. "But I need to explain this whole misunderstanding to my parents. I am going to tell them everything. "

"Really? You are going to tell them everything everything." he questions.

"I don't know." I look away. "Look, the only thing that I do know, and that I am certain of, is I want to go home." I continue, with finality in my words.

"Okay." He starts walking around, as if trying to think. "What about us then?"

"What do you mean?" I look back at him.

"I mean, what are going to tell your parents about us? Are you really going to tell them that we only met yesterday, and that you barely know me? Are you going to tell that to the media, and the real reason why you chose to run away from your own wedding?" He questions.

"Yes.." I answer skeptically, "No... I don't know." I finally mutter the truth.

"Make up your mind wife, is it a yes or a no?"

"I don't know. " I go seat on the bed. "You can't really pressure me into going with you, nor pressure me into answering your questions. I need to think." I look away.

"I'm fine if you choose not to go with me. I wouldn’t do anything that made you feel uncomfortable." He comes closer, and he seats next to me.

"But you have to understand that going home will risk everything you sacrificed for. I'm not trying to protect whatever it is that we have because well, we really have nothing but these wedding bands on our fingers and a legal document binding us for life." He states matter of factly.

"I'm just laying it out for you so when you go out there, you must be strong enough to face the media, your parents, and mostly, the questions that will try to accuse your sister's marriage, and everything that revolves around her and the marriage itself." He explains.

"I'm not saying run away from your problems, even though I do that most of that time," he mutters the last sentence, and I smile, "All I'm saying is, make sure it's a calculated decision. And when you have really thought about what you want to do, I'd hope I'm also included in your plans, because truth be told, I don't think it would be pretty if I left my fiancée on the altar, only to divorce the next day." He chuckles.

"And with that being said, what do you want to do dear wife?" He asks again this time, hoping my answer has changed.

"I still want to go home." I whisper.

"Why?" He inquires yet again. This time his voice isn't irrated or annoyed at my stupidity, but it's rather filled with curiosity.

"Because I'd like to say I tried." I finally speak up. "Before leave, if I leave with you, I'd like to say I didn't leave room for doubt that my parents wouldn't believe me. I've always been home, never done anything out of my parents covering, and this one time I choose what I want, I get me a husband, don't you think they at least need to know why, even if it's to the full truth?" I finally muster the courage and I look at him. He nods, and it gives me hope to continue.

"My parents are traditional people. Even if they would agree to an arranged marriage, the one that I chose to take would definitely not be in their books of choice. But either way, they need to know something. Something that will come from me. Something that will tell them why I did what I did, and even though I won't tell them how we met, and how my life just did a roller coaster turn in 24 hours, I will tell them enough for them to understand that I'd always respect their opinions and choices for me. No matter what they are, because at the end of the day, if we really want this marriage to work, we need them." I went for the full speech.

"We need your mom, you dad, and your siblings too, and we also need my people too. We need to do this together, or not at all." I continue.

Then suddenly, a crazy crazy idea came to mind. An idea I knew was not a good idea at all.

"What if we told our parents the truth?" I blurted it out.

"Nope." He immediately responded, not waiting for a second more.

"But wait, hear me out," I stand up, excited about how stupid I'm about to sound. "We hold a meeting with both our parents, and we tell them the real reason why we married and we, like start a courtship after marriage type of thing were we learn each other, and all that. So it's gonna be courtship, while married." I continue, nodding to myself  and pacing around for more ideas.

"But,-"

"And we can like live in different houses, or not, and we can like have them help us." I smile, and I look at him.

"Are you hearing yourself right now?" He asks. His face says it all. And I need not ask what he thinks.

"Look, right now, we are about to lie to so many people, and our parents shouldn't be caught up in that lie. We should have people who are siding with us and,-"

"Our parents are not those ones to side with us, nor know the truth. At least not now." He finishes the sentence for me. "Look, I get that you want to include your parents into this, but that is a bad idea. I just don't see it successful."

"We don't know till we try.." I try to cheer him up into considering it.

After two minutes of his silence, he suddenly says, "yeah, definitely don't see it working."

****
Don't ask, don't inquire.

This love is back on her birthday. It's my birthday, and here is a chapter to sweeten your day.

I know this has errors, but bare with birthday gal. I know others will say, but errors is your daily thing, and I would say, will, just expect more errors today than.

Til then, I love you 😍 ❤ much dear reader.