Chapter 12

Liam's POV

What is the actual bullock? Why is Liam on my side right now? If memory serves me correctly, he should be the one reprimanding me the most. Being mom's and dad's representatives. Not this.

Not the cool guy. I mean I was expecting a lot from him, but not this. Certainly not this.

"Liam I am talking to you." He pulled me back to life. I had removed the phone away from me because I had to be sure that this was my brother I was conversing with.

"Yea, I'm still here," I replied quickly

"I don't want to repeat myself with the question then."

"Yes, I do." I repeated.

"What?!" His voice went from normal to shocked again.

"Well, I knew that this was too good to be true," I muttered.

"Aren't you happy?" I asked, trying to lighten up the mood.

"I'm relieved yes, but who in the world would choose you in their right mind to marry you, you Liam. Please tell me that she was drunk..." He muttered the last part.

"Wow brother you breaking my little heart." I fake gasped, clutching on a t-shirt.

"Oh please, we all know that women tolerate you because of your looks and money." And that hit a nerve because it was true.

"Well, no need to speak the truth. I know it quite well. " I cleared my throat, trying to stop the awkwardness that was about to build up.

Nobody knew me for me. The ladies that I've once invested my time in always came for the money. They always had innocent faces, but they were dark. They would seem like angels for the first three months of us going out, after that they would go crazy.

Spending my money daily, guilt dripping me into doing things for them and it just wasn't enough. And it's not like I care about the money they spent, because I didn't give two screws about it at all, it's what they spent it on and with who.

That always pissed me off. I wasn't a bad person, but sometimes people make you wanna do bad things them and the people they love. 

And Junie, I don't think she even knew who I was. Which was good. And to be fair, that girl had more money than me. So money part is already sorted out.

"Never mind that, the woman, who is she, where did you find her, is she a prostitute, and how long will the contract last?" He started hailing me with the questions, I stumbled back for a second.

"Prostitute?! What? contract, what in the world are you talking about?" I was shook to say the least.

"Wait, where did you too meet?" He inquired.

"Pub..." I cleared my throat, trying to make it sound normal knowing it was anything but.

"Peachy..." He seemed to think. "Does she know you? Like you, what you worth I mean?" He asked.

"She's worth more than me." I sat down, waiting for Junie.

"What?!" His voice held all the surprise in the world.

"Surprising right?" I chuckled. 

"Well I have to say, this is indeed the first." I just smiled.

 "What is her occupation?" He asked again. You'd swear I was in court.

" A designer." I casually answered.

"For which company?" He inquired.

"Kingdom." A waiter came by and I asked for two bottles of water.

"Wait, you mean Thee Kingdom?" His voice was laced with shock. I mean, I think this whole conversation was a shocker for Alek.

"Yep." And then I felt her presence. It was weird. I have never felt someone's presence. Well except for dad and Alek. Those two had an aura. A kinda of aura that was felt. It made the hair on the back of your neck stand. But Junie was different. It was a warm aura. Like I wasn't intimidated. And it was good, really good.

The way I felt her come, I felt her stop. Like she was backing away.

"Yes, and she is here. I will talk to you later." I interrupted Alek. Darn it, I haven't asked him, oh well he knows that he has to help me. It kinda comes with the package of being my brother.

"Brother, is she Yoenjun?" 

"Yes." The answer was simple and straightforward. In fact, I was over this conversation. I was ready to talk to Junie.

"Bye brother, I'll call you later." 

"Wait,-" I ended the call.

"You not gonna stand me up on our first lunch together right?" I asked.

"No," She faked snickered. I could feel her voice was nervous. "I would never do that to you." She continued. She walked towards the table I was sitting in, sitting opposite me. I was nervous, but I couldn't have her know that.

 She shrug her shoulders, sighing. She really didn't want to be here. At least I could try and make it more lively.

"I see you not exactly keen on have lunch with me." I commented, drinking bottled water.

"Yeah, I-" She started, " It's just that I have never done this before. Act recklessly that is." She continued.

"Yeah, it's not every day that you wake up married right?" I interrupted.

"Yeah, and to not remember your husband for a minute and a half is kinda embarrassing." She continued, chuckling. That means she remembers me. Which means she remembers what she did yesterday, or does she? How much exactly does she remember?

"And I didn't know how to act after my senses kickback. It's a lot to process and I'm doing my best for the time being." Okay, I think she remembers a handful which was enough to work with.

"I think we should order food first yeah, I mean we do have a lot to converse about?" I suggested. She nodded her head in agreement. I quickly called the waiter, while she on the other hand, was looking down, playing with her hands.

"Are you okay?" I asked, taking my hand into her, rubbing them gently. I felt like at that moment she needed the comfort. 

"Yeah, just thinking. When my mom finds out the real truth, she is most highly likely to kill me, if she hasn't thought of ways of doing so already. And my dad," She looked at me properly for the first time since she got here, biting her lower lip, tears willing up her eyes, "My dad has probably disowned me, and has had me fired already. I mean that job is my life." Seeing her like that broke my heart. I never wanted this woman to be sad. That much I was sure off. 

"You shouldn't stress yourself about this Junie. I know that I don't know what you going through, and I have no idea of what will happen to you after this. But you got me, okay, and right now I think you should breathe?" I started. She took a deep breath in, and she exhaled. And when I looked her straight in the eyes, she seemed to be recovering.

"But my dad-" She started again.

"Your dad will come around Junie. That I can promise you. I may not know him, but I do know that he is a man of principle and he loves his daughter. He loves you. And he is gonna want you back." I assured her. Truthfully, I hoped I was right. I didn't know about her family, but with where I'm treading, well where we treading, I'd hope one of us had our parents support. 

Even if we couldn't see it.

*************************************

And I'm back.

As y'all can see, I am slowly coming back to my writing and I'd hope that y'all are doing good. This author loves y'all. That much is evident. 

To the moon and back I say, the moon and back.