Chapter 20

Liam’s POV

Question, what is my dear wife thinking?

I mean, the idea of going to our parents?

Even Alek would murder me if I told him that. Heck, I don't even know her best friend that well, but Merc would have our heads in the platter if we came with this idea.

But, her plan, in a way makes sense. Although, I'd like to hear what the others may think of it, even if it's a full no for me, and a quarter that needs convincing, because let me tell you, my mom, Vasilisa Viktoria Prebrazhensky would have me whole for dinner, that much I'm very certain off, if I came home with those news.

There is no way, I get to embarrass the family, then get to have a happily ever after without her say. If that happened, I'd know someone switched my mom with theirs.

So there is that going on for me, and I don't exactly know to break those news to Junie. I keep thinking about this, as she starts to speak.

"So," she starts. Her face is still holds the excitement I've noticed she holds on to when things may be promising to go her way.

"I particularly don't like your idea, but-"

"You already said that, but what?" She interrupts me urging me to fast forward using her hands.

"But, I think the others should also hear this idea that you suggesting." I finish.

"But I'm married to you, and me telling you should be enough for us to make just decisions about what we want because at the end of the day, we married each other, not them." She states, matter of factly.

"I get you, but it does effect them. Having the people closest to us come here means that their opinions matter too, don't you think?" I suggestedly ask.

"I guess you right, but I do feel that we should just make this decision on our own."

"I know, but at the same time, I think it's better if someone else gave us their opinion about what they think since they are the outside party. Sometimes to see things clear, we need that person who will look at things from two sides without being biased." I explain to her.

"Okay fine," she sighs seating down next to me, "but you gonna have to highlight that this decision is important to us."

"But is it?" I ask.

"Off course it is." Her face portraying everything she was saying without have to say a thing.

"Not to me it's not." I mutter, looking away.

"What do you mean by that?" She questions.

"I mean, this decision is about what you want, not what I want." I finally look at her.

"Then what do you want Liam?" She asks, frustrated.

"I want whatever you want, but whatever that is not that decision." I emphasize.

"What?" She squints her face.

"I mean,-"

A knock interrupts me. Mercedes opens the door without anyone's permission too. She pops her head in, but her body still outside.

"Not to intrude or anything, but I wanted to remind you guys that we are still here, and that we have some lies to cook up. So whatever it is you guys are doing here," She then looks around the room then continues, "You better make is snappy because some of us are not very patient individuals." She continues.

"Okay, we almost done." June responds.

I think Merc senses the tension in the room, and she nods her head and she closes the door.

"So, what do you want Liam?" She looks back to me.

"Nothing." I mutter.

"So you agreeing that I go see my parents and whatever they want for me is going to be good, and that you are going to be fine with that?"

"If that's what you want." I rely.

"I want you to say what you want so we can at least meet half way." She reaches out her hands, and I take them.

"Then go home okay, do what you have too, and if a chance permits, maybe then I'd still call you wife." I smile at her.

"Really?" Hwr face lights up like a Christmas tree, and she throws her hands around my shoulder in pulls me into a tight hug.

I chuckle, squeezing her tightly.

"Do you wifie. " I whisper.

At this point, I know it was rather hopeless to try and tell her that I'd like her to reconsider going home because if she really did, she might not come back as my wife.

I didn't know her parents, but if she was to say the whole truth and not leave our anything, I was certain that her parents would want us to divorce. Heck, if my kid did that, I'm certain I would force them too, and I'm not even a traditional man.

It's just principle to protect your kid. Although the motivation was wrong, they wouldn't understand that the intentions were pure.

Heck, if I wanted to do something sinister to Junie, I would have done it yesterday when she was most vulnerable, and easy to prey on.

But the woman, by law, bares my surname now, a marker that her life is mine to cover and hold dear too, mine too hers too. And even if it's just for a few hours, or days, or however this relation will go, I would protect her with my life, figuratively, or literally.

But I know, when we leave this room, Junie will choose to go home to her parents, and I don't want her to have to choose between me and her family.

Because I know a part of her would want to choose me, even if we only met a few hours ago. And it's not because she loves or, or even likes me, but it's a responsibility she has to bare because of the covenant we made in front of that judge.

I know, she would want to honor that. And that is why in this moment, I choose to keep quiet and let her go home, and whatever happens then, will happen. I mean, she gets want she wants because no matter what, rule number one states, Dear wife always gets want she wants.

******
The runaway author is back.

She is back with another unedited chapter that she chooses to publish because she wants to fill like she has accomplished something good. So here's to another chapter.

This dear author loves you dear reader.