Chapter 16

Liam's POV

"Your name?" Merc started.

"Liam Nicolai Preobrazhensky." I answered confidently.

"Age?"

"25." At this, Merc looked at Junie, then back at me and continued writing down in her small pad which looked like it has been through many storms of this age then I'll ever be.

"Occupation?"

"I own a couple of hotels around the world." I replied.

"Okay. Now let's get to the more personal stuff the world doesn't know." Before she could start though, a heard a knock on the door.

"Who might that be?" Junie asked.

"Let me go find out." I stood up to go open the door. Before I asked who it was, a voice startled me by answering the question I was yet to answer.

"It's us, open." Alek spoke.

"Perfect timing." I smiled, and I opening the door. The moment the door opened, V went straight in the room as if he was searching for something, and I looked at Alek kind of confused at what was going on.

"He had a thing for your wife a while back." He explained. I rushed back, only to find him sitting next to her, holding her hand.

"Vladimir Theodore Preobrazhensky, let go of my wife's hand." I spoke in between my teeth, but he could hear me. He immediately let go of her, stood up and offered me the seat. I gladly took it, and my wife's hand off course.

Alek entered the room, but only stood near the door. His aura was intimating. Merc stood up and went to stand at the center of the room to address us.

"Well, we are gathering here today because two people decided to get married without us knowing, nor knowing each other as a whole. Now we all going to suffer in order to fix the mess they caused because we seemingly are good at cleaning up after them." She looked at us annoyed, while we on the other hand looked at different directions.

"Off course they are gonna pretend that they didn't hear me." She muttered. "Who is in charge of him?" She pointed at me.

"Me." Alek spoke up.

"Figured. It could never be the other guy. He is giving off too many immature vibes." She muttered yet again. The thing which her muttering was loud enough for all to hear.

"I didn't come here to be insulted by you lady. I barely know you; I'd hope it stays that way." V spoke with a sense of maturity, it left me and Alek looking at each other in shock.

"I guess you not usually this intelligent, even your brothers are shocked." She added.

"You-,"

"Can we please not fight with each other." Junie interrupted them. "Yes, we got married. Yes, it was without y'all. Yes, we made an irrationally decision which we are both being penalized for, but we both had our reasons to stop our weddings which is why we all here. I stopped it because my sister was already married to my fiancé and, -"

"Wait, and you let that happen?" V interrupted.

"Nicolas is my best friend, has been since we were kids. I never saw him like that, neither did he. But he saw more in my sister, and I'm glad that they are officially married to each other." She explained.

"What do you mean officially? Didn't you say that they were married?" Alek asked.

"They married on paper yes, but our parents were never gonna allow Yoonie to marry before me because I am older. And being in an arranged marriage kind of came with the package of the older being the sacrifice. Quite frankly, I didn't care being married off to some rich family. I knew that was gonna happen one day, I just didn't want that rich family to be the Wang family. That belonged to Yoongi. And I was never gonna take her crown."

"But why didn't you just tell your parents the truth?" Alek asked.

"They would never accept it. My parents are amazing people. But some things are unspoken rules. Rules that should never be broken. Like the arranged marriage rule, that the older marries first, that can't change. And the only way Yoongi had a chance to be with her husband was if I said I was married. That way, it could pass down to her." She further explained.

"And you?" Merc pointed at me. "Why you ran?"

"Kat didn't want to marry me." I simply answered.

"Then why didn't you stop the wedding beforehand?" Alek asked, folding his hands. He was mad at me, that much I knew.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked him, finally letting go of Junie's hand, standing up and going to him.

"About?" He tilted his head in annoyance.

"Follow me." I passed him and went straight to the room I was designated the first time. He followed right after and closed the door when he got in.

"Do I have to explain myself to you too?" I asked, sitting down the bed.

"I'm trying to understand why you had to throw us under the bus like that. We looked like fools in front of our parents when they questioned us about what you did in church yesterday. And you having breakfast in the hotel with another woman the very next day didn't particularly gain you any favor on my end. Nor did it explain anything. In fact, it made me madder that you still had the time to have breakfast while we were trying to save you and your businesses."

"I tried explaining to you guys, but I couldn't." I looked away.

"When?!" He yelled. "When you said sorry and that you gonna explain later? Because before that you didn't explain Liam. You said you wanted out, we all wanted you out, but did it really get to the point where you said you couldn't do this? That you would rather play pretend than actually marry Kat. That you were gonna humiliate her in front of everyone including the press?"

"I didn't want any of this!" I yelled back, standing up. "I didn't want a wife or any of the drama that would follow right after." I didn't want this. Yes, it was my fault our parents are mad at them, and I can't take that back. But he shouldn't pretend I was happy with my parents decision to even begin with.

"And yet here we are because you actually have a wife whom you barely know anything about. Is that more exciting for you?" He snarled. I took a deep breath, and I counted to five before I could answer.

"Look, I get that you are angry," I calmed down.

"Huh..." He huffed. "You think?" He scoffed, shaking his head. "Finally, the light bulbs are working." He muttered.

"And believe me when I say, if I knew that this is what I would have to put you through, I wouldn't have." I truthfully apologized.

"Well, that's the thing with you Liam, you never think. You just do, and everyone else has to deal with the consequences, but you. And when you realize the damage you have caused, it's to late to fix it, nor mend it in any way. No wonder you lost your friend. You think you all that, when you nothing but a confused kid." He left, banging the door at his leave.

Wait, what did he mean when he said I lost my friend? What friend?

***********************************

Humans.

If this isn't the only book of mine you reading, you will see that I have been very active in updating my books these days. And hence why I am here updating this one too. I hope this chapter is okay and you are good my dear readers.

This author loves y'all. To the moon and back, always.