Chapter 9

Liam's POV
30 minutes before. (Before Junie came downstairs.)

This was embarrassing. My dear wife didn't remember me. But that's okay. At least she didn't trash me because we shared the same bed. Well more like a wasted plan of me trying to let her sleep and also falling asleep with her.

Yesterday we were both wasted, but between the two of us, I think I remember more of what happened yesterday than she did. And that is kind of funny when she, half the time was initiating what we should do.

Flashback.

I was drunk. That much I knew. It was 01:00 in the morning, and we had just returned to the hotel from a club downtown. We didn't know its name, nor the fact that it existed.

It became convenient for us because it was near that courthouse where we got married. We finished there around 05:00 pm. We bought the guys dinner who helped to be witnesses, and we were home free.

I got to say, my girl was a tough cookie. For the first time in booze, she was handling herself well.

After dinner, we went to the club and we have partied ever since. I have partied in my life. Hardcore, 'I think I'm gonna die', but after today, that was just a new record. The whole day and night?? That was just surreal.

We came back around 01:00 am. We were staggering, with me trying to help her walk, and she just fell on her bed with a relieved sigh.

"Gosh, I'm tired." She muttered. I fell next to her and I took off my shoes, using my legs.

"What a day.." I closed my eyes. I was reeking of booze. So I went to the bathroom to take a bath. I had a very high tolerance for alcohol. So I could still do a lot of things while I was this semi drank. Okay not semi, but quite drunk.

The moment the water touched my skin, it felt like I was being massaged by a goddess from Greece. It was so warming it made me think of Junie.

My Junie.

I can't believe I was married, to her. She was the most beautiful, fascinating, weird woman I've ever met. I've only conversed with her for a couple of hours, but I have to say, I was intrigued.

Marriage wouldn't be a bad thing after all. I mean, look at who I got to marry on the first strike, this is amazing.

Seven minutes later, I got out of the shower and wrapped the towel around my waist. When I came out, Junie was in her PJs, but she still looked beautiful as hell.

The room was a mess though, but she didn't seem mind that. She just started talking in a flirty voice again. She has been talking like this ever since we got on the Uber. Touching me, and playing with my hair, it was kinda disorienting. But I was able to hold firm and not take advantage of her in that manner.

The amount of time I had spent with Junie, made me realize that she was a very sensible woman. Although today was kinda different. Today she was put in a situation that she didn't know how exactly to react. And so she did all the things she thought she wouldn't in her lifetime because what heck right?

When she got to me, she wrapped her arms around me and she started planting sloppy kisses on my neck. I closed my eyes to fill my nostrils with her scent and with every fiber of my being, I tried not to take her right there.

I slowly removed her arms around me, and I placed her hands down.

"I think you should sleep, honey. We wouldn't want you to do something you might regret in the morning yeah?"

"You don't want me?" She asked, pouting.

Gosh, I could take her now.

"I do, I want to make you mine so bad, but you are not in your correct mental state. When you all good, we'll see if you still want me yeah?" I whispered, gently caressing her cheeks with my thumb.

"You lying..." She let go of me, going to bed.

"No, I'm not." I protested.

"Prove it." She challenged me, folding her arms. She was now on top of the bed. While she was kneeling on the bed with both her knees.

I went to her and the moment I got to her, I gently pulled her head close and I closed the space between us with a peek on her forehead, her nose, then her lips. Although it was a peek, her lips still tasted sweet. And I wanted all of her to me. Every inch of her body I wanted to cover with my kisses and claim it as mine.  But I couldn't when she wouldn't remember jack about today.

But that's okay. I have a lifetime and the next to make her mine everywhere. I may have been drunk, but my mom taught me manners. Good manners when it came to women. To care for them extraordinarily. And that is exactly what I will do.

"Sleep my princess, we'll talk to you tomorrow." I slowly pushed her to the bed.

"But I don't wanna sleep." She protested, pouting.

Gosh, she was cute.

"Okay how about this," I started. "If you promise to sleep now, we will fulfill your dare tomorrow." I knew she wasn't gonna remind me of this tomorrow. Even if she were to remember it. She'd rather have it buried. And I didn't want us to have that sort of rough beginning.

I intend to know Junie the right way. And taking her right here in this drunken state will sure decrease good points for me. Points that I will definitely need in the long run. So I wasn't about to ruin that.

"No, I want you..." She continued.

"How about we cuddle? I will hold you close, and never let go, yeah?" The least I could was to stay with her. I couldn't have my wife parading her extravagant self around the hotel. That was never gonna happen.

"You promise?"  She asked

"I promise," I whispered as I pulled her close and I hugged her and kissed the top of her head. She was smelling of mint and strawberries, it was intoxicating.

As promised, I tugged her in, and I went back to the bathroom to wear some clothes. Well more like my boxers. That was the only thing I had anyways.

I came back and she was already asleep. The room was a mess from when she was looking for her PJs. I started folding her clothes and putting them back in their respective places. Everything was all cool until I had to pack her panties. I didn't know how to react.

I have seen and touched quite several panties, but this was somehow different. It felt different. It felt wrong to just use my hands to pick them up. So I just used her t-shirt and I picked them up with that.

After I was done cleaning up, I went back to bed. I looked at this woman who was already cuddled with a pillow and her semi-cute snores. I looked at her and smiled.

Well, at least I've made one good decision in my life. I pulled her close as promised, and I buried my face on her neck.
My hand was on her waist, and she was right where she should have been, in my arms.

Flashback over

****************************
Hello, jars of honey.

I am back with another chapter. So I'm going to try a new method of updating. I'm thinking of every Wednesday. Tell me what you think. I mean, it's not much, but it's consistent.

I love you much😍😍😘😘😘

N.B: I STILL TO EDIT CHAPTER