Chapter 6

Yoenjun's POV

His kiss was soft and tender. Calming even. His lips left tingles wherever it touched, and it was the sweetest thing I've ever tasted.

Not that I was kissing lips everywhere I went, this was my first kiss, and I didn't know if I was doing it right or wrong.

But I did have a boyfriend before, Marcus Steinford, but we only held hands. Yes, my family was traditional and we went with the no sex before marriage policy, and the kiss after the priest says so, but at this moment, I kinda figured, my life was kinda shitty and well... I am stupid to even break that rule. What the hell anyway? I'm dead either way. Might as well die happy.

When we parted, he smiled at me and his dimple showed.

Oh my god...how is he this hot?

"Was I good?" I asked. Truth be told, I wanted to know if I knew how to kiss, to begin with.

"What do you mean?" He inquired. His hand was still in his cheeks caressing them.

"The kiss." I started to blush, looking away.

"You've never been kissed before?" His thick husky Russian accent lingering in the air.

"No..." I whispered.

"Well, let's try again and see." Before I could even register what he said, he pulled me in for another kiss and I gladly accepted it. This time he intensified the kiss and I ended up moaning.

He pulled apart and said, "You, my darling, are a professional." I couldn't help but giggle.

After our make-out session, I think my mind was kinda hazy, but I was certain about one thing, Liam was the only guy I'd ever let me touch. Let alone kiss.

Then... Light bulbs.

"Yes! I got it." I yelled excitedly, a little too loud for his liking.

"You got what?" He looked at him, and I swear, he looked at me like I'm crazy.

I started, "Okay so I need a husband right," I looked into his eyes to see if he was checking up to what I was saying.

"And you," I continued. "You need-"

"A wife." He finished the sentence for me as if it was starting to dawn on him what I meant.

"You mean to say..." His eyes widened and I quickly nodded in excitement.

"No way..." Realization dawning on what I meant.

"Way..." My smile is bigger than Oregon's lake.

"Okay, let's do it." He nodded his head. To say I was surprised would be a lie.

"For real?" I mean, suggesting the idea didn't mean he was gonna agree to it.

"You need a husband, I need a wife. How hard can it be right?" He commented.

"Right. Let's go now." I stood up, fixing my dress.

"Okay." 

We both stood up, and I went back to the counter to talk to Carls.

"Yoh Carls," he turned and looked at me.

"Oh, no honey. If I give you more cocktails, your mom will have me with ramyoen." He softly grinned.

"Don't worry about that. I'll have more when I get to my hotel. I'm going to get married." I pulled up my best smile.

"What? To who?" He left the bottle of whiskey he was about to pour for some guy who decided to grace us with his presence.

"With Liam off course," I informed him as if I'd known him for lifetimes.

"What? You barely know the guy." He reasoned, shock evident in his voice. "What will your mom say if she finds out you married a stranger?"

"Well," I say down. "For starters, my mom thinks I'm married. She doesn't know whom I'm married to. And Nico, he needs a wife, and I need a husband. We need each other." I explained.

"Child, this is not how things are done." He held my hand. "I know you can be crazy Junie, but you are very sensible. And what you doing right now, you gonna regret it, child." His voice held concern and for a second, it was like he was knocking some sense into me.

"I want you to be a safe kid. And what you doing right now is like throwing yourself to the sharks. And how long have you known this 'Nico' guy?" He quoted with his hands. "A few hours and you ready to throw your whole life into his arms? What's wrong with you Junie? I understand that you trying to save Yoongi, but think this through Junie." His voice was filled with annoyance and worry.

"Marriage isn't something you just enter just because it sounds convenient. That's your life right there. And you know your parents, once you marry, there is no turning back. Did you think of that? Does your Nico friend know that, that once you marry into the Kim family it's for life? Did your plan go that far?"

And truth be told, it didn't. Everything about this wedding and all the vendettas it had to carry, I was doing everything I shouldn't have. It wasn't about being sensible, or what I wanted or thought was good, it was all for Yoongi. And it all started with a lie.

A lie I can not undo, nor unsay. And as crazy as this was, I needed a husband today, and I was putting a lot on the line to save my sister and Nicolas.

My parents were probably gonna disown me if they ever found out about this, and the thought of that terrified me. My parents owned Kingdom. The biggest jewelry store in New York going down to Taiwan, Singapore, and Middle East Asia, and the bordering countries.

I was its designer, Yoongi its model. And between the two of us, me and Yoongi, I was always the sensible one. The one whose decisions mattered to the family.

So it wasn't about the money, the inheritance, it was about the family. Our family. But somehow all of that didn't matter if Yoongi didn't smile for the rest of her life. My mom and dad had to understand. They would come around at some point.

I turned around and looked at Nico, and he was smiling at me. Urging us to leave. I turned back at him and I rubbed his hands.

"I'll be okay Carls." And I meant it. I was a big girl and I could handle just about anything.

"Junie-"

"Carls," I cut him off. "I'm telling you this so you won't tell mom and dad. Whatever happens, Carls, promise me." I looked him in the eyes. "No matter what, if my parents found out, it's s gonna be on my terms, and my accord. Nobody should know about this arrangement. Are we clear?."

"Junie-"

"Carls please," I begged, holding his hand tighter.

"Okay, I promise." I smiled at him, kissing his hand.

"Thank you," I whispered.

I took my purse, and as I left that bar, Carls words were ringing in my head, you gonna regret it child.

And maybe he was right. This was probably the stupidest idea I've ever followed through trying to save my sister, but maybe marrying a stranger wasn't all that right?

Who was I kidding, I do have a feeling that after I say I do, my life will suddenly be a series of unfortunate events that I can not undo.

But what the hell, what's life without a little adventure?

*****************************************
So this took a bit longer than expected, but here it is. Another chapter in the bag.

These are rather slow updates. I have a lot going on for me at the moment and I'm trying to do my best in keeping up with writing. So please bear with me.

Even in the other books. I hope y'all are patient with me.

This author loves y'all though. 🏵🏵🏵