Chapter 8

Nini's pov:

It was 9:42 am of Sunday, i slept so good in this bed oh my god, I'm lucky to be in this place for almost the entire summer.
So i got up and went to the bathroom near my moms bedroom so that i could get ready for the day; I looked at myself in the mirror and I saw a new little pimple came out in my forehead before frowning a little, it was very next to my hair tho so luckily I could still cover it.

I checked the weather on my phone before I went back to my room so I could change to a cute outfit for the hot day above us.

I put a bathing suit under my clothes deciding to head to the pool after going to see if the place had some activities for the day

"hey mama C" I said while heading to the kitchen to grab an apple, she was watching something on her laptop while drinking a smoothie.

"hey honey, how'd you sleep? Me and mama D didn't wanna get up from those beds but we had to!" she said laughing

"oh my God I slept so good too! Well I'm going at the reception to see if there are some activities, maybe at night, that I could be interested in. And then I'm going at the pool, I'll see you later"

"bye"

------

I saw some papers on the wall at the reception that intrigued me, "acoustic karaoke tomorrow night! Join us at 8:45 pm!" it was kind of interesting how it said ACOUSTIC karaoke, it seems... original? So I decided to ask the receptionist what was it about and if it was open to everyone.
"hi excuse me? I saw the paper at the corner that talked about this acoustic karaoke night? I wanted to know more about it if it was possible!" I asked the not so older than me girl.

"oh yeah of course! It's basically like a karaoke but not really, teenagers from 14 to 19 years old can perform playing an instrument of any genre and sing along, we do have the instruments in another room, we will just put the lyrics on the screen in case they don't fully know the lyrics of the song they chose; its kind of a party for young people to have some fun, we will host this every first Monday of the month, while on Friday we do something for kids, sometimes tho we change locations, maybe instead of resting here we just go the beach where we have a private place!" she said politely.

"oh wow it seems amazing, do we have to sign up somewhere to perform or?"

"no don't worry, you can ask to perform in the moment, just remember to say the name of the song to the staff before getting on the stage so they can put the lyrics on the screen beside you"

"okay thank you so much!"
I will definitely go. This seems so exciting, I never heard of something like this. ever.
it's just genius!!
The girl gave me a paper with all the information she told me and more details about this night before going.
I went to the pool and wow! It was huge and had a trampoline where the water was deeper.
Then it had a bridge separating the deep part with the one where the water wasn't so deep, for kids of course!

I put my little bag on a deck chair and I took off my clothes resting in my blue bikini, I didn't wanna go in the deep part yet so I started from the kids pool and passed under the bridge going in the deep part, there weren't a lot of teenagers of my age to be honest, there were more kids but there was still some people in between the age of 17-18 years old, I took a big breathe and went underwater trying to swim a little before my face hit some random body in the middle of the pool, it was some kid coming towards my direction but didn't see me apparently
"oh sorry I didn't see you coming ahah" I said, the little boy turned to see me and he was so adorable, he looked like 12 or 13 years old, he looked kind of... Starstruck?
"i-I'm sorry I didn't see you coming e-either"he nervously answered.

"where are you from?" I asked the kid
"I'm from Salt Lake City, but been adopted when I was just a baby, I still live there tho and I love my parents" aww he was so cute
"aw well I'm happy for you! What's your name? And what bring you in California this summer? It's very nice being here!"

"yeah well I'm Richard, but it's such an old name and I hate it, everyone calls me Ricky and so can you" he said smiling at me which I returned with pleasure.
"and well to answer your second question, my birthday is coming in the time I'm here, so this was my birthday gift, the best one so far and I'm really happy about it!"

Wait my birthday is coming while I'm here too oh my God, maybe we have close dates.

"wait when's your birthday? Because mine is coming while I'm here too! What a coincidence".

"well it's on June 25th,when's yours?" no way, there's literally no way.

"oh my God" I said covering my mouth with my right hand "no way! my birthday is on the same dayyy!! But hey You're my lost twin I guess!" I said in a happy tone "I don't think we have the same age tho, I'll be sixteen, what about you?"

He sighed "I'm eleven now so I'll be twelve"

"tell me more about you, I still don't know your name" he asked curiously.

"well I'm Nina but my best friend couldn't pronounce her A's when we were in kindergarten so she called me Nini all the time and now it's kind of stuck I guess, now everyone calls me Nini or Neens, Nina is no longer available!" I said with a laugh.

"well that's cute, strong friendship I see". He said and I nodded my head yes smiling at him.

"and well I am from Salt Lake too! I go to east high and it's amazing there!"

His jaw was on the floor "oh my god so you're telling me that you go where high school musical was shot?" to which I answered a simple yep
"that movie is so iconic, gosh literally my favorite!"

"same! ahah" I said

"well it was nice meeting you Ricky! I think my moms are waiting for me at my house for lunch! I'll see you around I guess" I said smiling before heading out of the pool

"bye Nini!"

I went back home and well yes my moms were about to call me to tell me lunch was ready

"you're back in time, lunch is almost ready!"

"oh okay"

After lunch I went by Malibù just to know the place a little and went to watch the sunset on a spot at the docks, it was a very peaceful day and watching how the sun went down was the best thing!

----------------------------------
Your favorite couple is about to meet don't worry ;)
Also my friend Alice (school friend) helped me with some words and she wants 'credit' ugh, fine I guess, mwah thank u Alice even if you won't see this cuz you still need to find out my username :))