Chapter 16

Monday morning, Nini's alarm went off at 8:30 am.

why so early, may you ask?

Nini got up from bed with a sigh, going to her little closet to find some sports clothes, she luckily grabbed some leggings with her so that was enough.

She grabbed everything she needed before entering the bathroom and getting ready for the day.

Shortly after she made her way to the kitchen to find Mama D doing jumps, in the middle of the living room, doing normal jumps and side jumps.

Nini was left speechless with an apple in her hand.

Watching her younger mom doing sports while following the program doing it on TV was something Nini didn't wanna see ever again.

"...hi........." she breathed out cautious stepping in the kitchen trying her best to not see her mom again, making her way to make a milkshake.

"sweetie?" she asked.

"yeah?" nini yelled from the kitchen.

"grab me water" her mom said a little louder than before

"no" Nini said back.

"oh come ooon" he mom insisted.

"nope!" she exclaimed popping the 'p'

Dana stopped doing jumps and headed to the kitchen.

"I don't wanna see you in leggings, get out of here" Nini answered, her back still facing her mother.

her mom laughed softly at her daughter's attitude.

"why are you up so early? what's up  with you?"

"actually nothing, last night I just said YOU KNOW WHAT? TOMORROW I'M GOING FOR A RUN, YES! so here I am."

"well, good 4 u I guess" and with that Dana left the kitchen back to her exercises.

Carol then joined Nini helping her with the milkshake.

"oh morning mama C, why are you up?"

"oh well how do I explain this, I heard mama D's voice seeming she was kicking someone out of the house so I got scared and got up" she said with a sigh.

Nini burst out from laugher "oh- oh my God please do you imagine" Nini said in between laughs "puahaha I can picture that happening oh my God"

"hey you two I hear you from here" mama d called from the living room which made the her daughter and girlfriend laugh.

Once they both calmed down Nini's milkshake was ready.

"hey mama c"

"hm?" she asked back

"I know I don't say this enough, or often... but still thank you for everything! really!"

Carol softened at her words, she always counted Nini her daughter from blood, even if they weren't.

Carol had tears in her eyes "oh sweetheart" her voice lightly cracking from the tears "come here" she hugged her amazing daughter with the tightest hug she ever gave her.

Nini hugged back so tight, she loved mama c and never wanted her to leave her like her dad did when she was only a few years come to the world, having her own tears about to come.

"I need to thank you, Nina Salazar-Roberts for changing my life" mama c said pulling back from the hug and caressing the girl's cheek, Nini putting her own hand above her mother's.

"you make mama D so happy" Nini said with a teary laugh. "and I'm very happy too" she finished after a moment of silence before going in for another hug.

Nini went on her run shortly after leaving a breath before putting play on her spotify list and starting running.

an hour passed and Nini was turning back at the village already, when she bumped into someone who she didn't see coming due to her closing her eyes for a second.

"oh I'm so-"
"i didn't see y-"

they both said at the same time cutting off themselves when seeing who they were facing.

"oh my gosh" Nini said with her hands covering her mouth.

"Nini?" the mysterious person asked surprised

the brunette rushed immediately to hug him "Peter oh my God how have you been?" she asked happily

"I've been doing amazing and there's been no day where I didn't miss u, how's high school? you're going to be a junior next year right?"

"aww I missed you too Pete" Nini said with a grin "and yeah I just finished sophomore year, how's college for you? did you get a girlfriend yourself?" she asked teasing the boy and nudging him lightly

"actually yes to your surprise" the boy said excitedly starting to walk towards the direction he was coming from "also... you running in the morning Nins?? really? where's that from?"

"oh shut up, yes I just decided to run today? is that okay for you muscles?"

"get that smirk out of your face Nina"

"why? is that annoying or something? muscles? muscles! MUSCLES-"

"okay okay enough, that's the worst nickname you could ever give me" he rolled his eyes before laughing softly

"where's the lie though" Nini said wanting to annoy him more and touching his biceps

"ew Nins go flirt with your boyfriend or something, oh right sorry if I'm right you don't have one? do you?" Peter said teasing her too, nudging the brunette.

"pffft I don't need a man, does it look like this body wants a guy?" she said proudly, yes it does she thought.

"nah you're right, let me know when you'll get a boyfriend, I'll scare him to not touch my little girl" Peter spat back.

Nini turned around immediately with wide eyes, stopping in her tracks "you WHAT?" she almost screamed "geeze sorry sunflower" he said putting his hands up in defense "anyways, my nickname for you is better than yours for me" he sang raising his brows, Nini just rolled her eyes.

"oh shut up, yours was easier to find knowing my love for sunflowers"

---------------------------------
eee who's Peter now? 😏