Chapter 10

A/N You'll know when to play the video.

Nini's pov:

Me and my moms spent almost the entire day at the beach, it was so peaceful today and the waves weren't that big either. just perfect.
It was now 6:07 pm already and I decided to look at the paper the receptionist gave me the other day for the acoustic karaoke.

It said we had to wear something with light blue, it could also be just a bracelet.

I wanted to dress up later but I started to pick my outfit already, I couldn't help but laugh at the amount of things with light blue that I took with me, I guess this was going to be easy for me.

I chose a white top with blue pants and butterfly earrings also matching with the pants, i also wore a necklace with little butterflies on it, my grandma gave me this necklace since i was little and it's my favorite.
i curled up my hair just a little leaving some smooth waves

(A/N the butterflies on the necklace are white btw) And before i knew it, it was already 7:35 pm which meant there was an hour and ten minutes left before the event started

And before i knew it, it was already 7:35 pm which meant there was an hour and ten minutes left before the event started.

"Nini dinner's ready! Come eat or you'll arrive later."
"I'm coming mom"

After dinner i had about fifteen minutes left before the event started but i went there anyway, and of course i found the doors locked, only after what it seemed five minutes the receptionist opened the doors.

"you guys can make yourselves comfortable while the other people arrive"

"thank you" I said while going inside.

Ricky's pov:

"Ricky what time is the event starting? "

"uhh 8:45 I think? But we can go whenever we want to"

"oh okay" my dad said while doing the dishes.

I went to the closet to fimd the outfit I chose during the day, which was dark blue jeans with a blue hoodie, but it wasn't a really dark blue, just in between light blue and dark blue.
I mostly wear it for school but oh well.

It was now 9:21 pm already, which meant the party was on for only thirty minutes; I headed to the entrance of the residence hearing a soft guitar playing "Afterglow" by Ed sheeran and a male voice singing along.
I went to take a coke while watching the stage where the boy wa singing, he was very talented.

Soon enough the guy finished and everyone, me included, started applauding, in the meanwhile the same brunette I saw this morning was talking to some other girl from the staff saying something that I couldn't really understand and shortly after she went on the stage approaching the piano.

Play the video (you can read along the lyrics if you want)

Fever dream high in the quiet of the night you know that I caught it
Bad, bad boy
Shiny toy with a price
You know that I bought it

Killing me slow, out the window
I'm always waiting for you to be waiting below
Devils roll the dice, angels roll their eyes
What doesn't kill me makes me want you more

She sang the first part, I immediately recognized the song being a swifty (A/N periodt bestie periodt) and her voice was so beautiful and angelic.

And it's new, the shape of your body
It's blue, the feeling I've got
And it's ooh, woah, oh
It's a cruel summer
It's cool, that's what I tell 'em
No rules in breakable heaven
But ooh, woah, oh
It's a cruel summer
With you.

Hang your head low
In the glow of the vending machine
I'm not dying
You say that we'll just screw it up in these trying times
We're not trying

So cut the head lights, summer's a knife
I'm always waiting for you just to cut to the bone
Devils roll the dice, angels roll their eyes
And if I bleed, you'll be the last to know

I almost sang along, this is one of my favorites songs ever, but I just whispered along while she sang.

Oh, it's new, the shape of your body
It's blue, the feeling I've got
And it's ooh, woah, oh
It's a cruel summer
It's cool, that's what I tell 'em
No rules In breakable heaven
But ooh, woah, oh
It's a cruel summer
With you

I'm drunk in the back of the car
and I cried like a baby coming home from the bar

Said I'm fine, but it wasn't true
I don't wanna keep secrets just to keep you
and I snuck out through the garden gate
Every night that summer just to seal my fate
And I screamed but whatever it's worth

"I love you" ain't that the worst thing you ever heard
He looks up grinning like a devil

It's new, the shape of you body
Its blue, the feeling I've got
And it's ooh, woah, oh
It's a cruel summer...

She soon finished the song and the crowd started applauding for about 5 minutes causing the girl to blush

"uh thank you" she chuckled in the microphone.

Nini's pov:

It was the first time I performed in front of someone, I mean my friends heard me but never performed in front of so many people, I decided to do it here because the crowd it's definitely not as big as east high's.

Hearing the applauses all the way for 5 minutes was the best feeling ever but I started to blush probably too much so I said a quick "thank you" and left the stage.

Finding myself going for a cup of fresh water and standing there for a bit more until I started to get a little tired

There was a girl that was very talented, she sang "22" with the guitar and it was an amazing performance.

I went back to my house around 10:07 pm and I wanted to relax but not just with taking a shower, so I asked my moms for it.

"hey mama d, I wanted to ask you if it was okay for you if I went to the pool for a bit, just to relax you know, the pool closes at midnight anyway and I don't think there's anyone right now so is that okay?"

"for me it's okay but ask mama c too first!"

"okay thank yoouuu" I said kissing her on the cheek.

"mama c!!!!"

"drop the act Nini what do u want" she said smiling

"fine, can I go to the pool? Just a bit"

She checked her o'clock before nodding, and I immediately started to jump up and down running to my room for a bathing suit.

"hey hey! Don't come too late"

"yes I promise."

I put my bikini and started going at the pool.

Ricky's pov:

"hey dad, do you mind if I go to the pool for a bit? I bet it's peaceful right now and it doesn't close until midnight"

"fine by me don't come too late"

"okay"

I arrived at the pool when I saw a girl jump into it and her body swam under water the entire pool stopping at the bridge and coming above.

--------------------------
Mwah