Chapter 26

the doorbell in the Serena's house rang that morning

"hey" Sydney said, hugging Chloe.

"come in! make yourself at home, I'll be right back" she said going quickly upstairs and coming down a few seconds later.

"okay I'm here" Sydney said breathlessly, sitting next to the other brunette on the sofa.

"you said you had something to run by over me?" Chloe asked, making Sydney remember why she was there.

"oh-! yeah right, um.. would u wanna go for a walk in the meantime?"

"okay" the girl smiled softly

Sydney closed the door behind her before turning around to face the brunette who was waiting for her

"so.." Chloe started walking.

"you remember this girl.. Nini, that I talked to you about, right?" Sydney asked, to which Chloe nodded her head as to say she could go ahead.
"today it's her birthday! and as you know she's in California at the moment, and Ricky, is planning this surprise birthday party for her and well of course I'm going, I was wondering though if you wanted to come with me? only if you're okay with that of course! don't feel obligated" she smiled at her.

"of course! I would love to meet all these people that u always talk about too, to which I'm guessing they'll be there too,.. right?" Chloe answered honestly.

"yup" she answered popping the 'p'

"but wait- Ricky is planning a birthday party for another girl? aren't you guys together? are you okay with that?" she asked worried

"it's all good Coco" Sydney laughed at the girl "we broke up a few days ago, and he's happy now, we're both still happy"

"so are you okay?" she said putting a hand on the brunette's arm, stopping her.

"yes! don't worry really, the feeling was mutual anyway" she said truthfully "besides, ..I think I like someone else" she confessed.

"oh really? who is it?!" Chloe had a bit of hope in her question but she knew Sydney could never like her that way.

Sydney surprised even herself to what she did next tho.

before Chloe could process anything, she felt Sydney's lips on hers, but when Sydney didn't feel her kiss back she parted away almost immediately, scared she stepped over the line and now she ruined their friendship.

"I'm-sorry, I shouldn't have kissed you out of the blue, it was so over the line and I'm truly s-" but she didn't even get to finish the sentence as Chloe but her hands on Sydney's cheeks, smashing her lips on hers for the second time that day.

They both melted into the kiss for a few seconds, Sydney kissing back, before parting away slightly and resting their foreheads together, both smiling like crazy but mostly Chloe.

"that was-.. something else" she giggled.

"it definitely was" Sydney confirmed.

*

in the Salazar-Roberts house was heard laughter over lunch time, Peter was telling his family about the things a friend of his was saying and doing when he was drunk

"we were at the beach this night and he was like really drunk, there was this cute couple who was walking in the other direction of us, and he starts walking backwards next to them, and starts TALKING to them, they were like freaking out to what he was saying because he was drunk but they were also laughing with us, he then saw that all of us were laughing and he started laughing himself too, I even filmed a video; God we had to apologize to those people, it was so funny tho"

"oh my God yes you showed me the video the other day, it was so funny to watch" Nini chuckled.

"oh, by the way" Nini continued as she chewed her food "today is the birthday of that other kid I talked to you guys about, Ricky"

Dana and Carol shared a look that Nini couldn't quite comprehend, but her thoughts were interrupted by Peter's question.

"wait-, the same guy that helped us find Ace?" he asked mouthful.

"I said kid, not teenager you idiot" Nini rolled her eyes at her cousin "but yeah they have the same name"

"sorry for not paying attention" he huffed with a playful eye roll.

Dana had a scared look on her face all this time, and Carol knew perfectly why, but she reassured her, placing her right hand on top of Dana's left one and rubbing circles on it the entire time.

"how old is he turning?" Dana decided to ask, making Carol turn to face her immediately, but the brunette reassured her that she was okay.

"hm, twelve, by the way I bought him a skateboard I hope you don't mind, i had some money left from last year's job" she said scared that now her mom could react differently.

"oh! no no dear, it was the right thing to do, I hope he liked his present!" she smiled to which Nini nodded.

"he did"

------------------------
I am TRULY sorry for not updating!!! but also thank u sm for a lot of new ppl reading this!
remember that the most u vote and the most this story will be recommended to other people :)) and know that I always see u guys' comments ;)

love u lots
-Lorena <3