Chapter 15

surprise shawty

About 3 days passed since that night and Nini was trying to avoid Ricky so nothing awkward would happen between them.

Yes they would steal glances when they went out of their houses or while they were getting inside sometimes, but nothing more, and Nini was grateful that their rooms weren't facing the other's.

It was Sunday night, Nini went to the park where all this happened, now strumming her guitar singing softly to "Betty" by Taylor Swift on the tree.

"Betty I won't make assumptions about why you switched your homeroom but I think it's cuz of me..

Betty one time I was riding on my skateboard when I passed you house, it's like I couldn't breathe" the brunette sang.

she strummed her guitar a little more before continuing "you heard the rumors from Inez, you can't believe a word she says most times but this time it was true" this part was a little louder, so she caught the attention of a few people passing by, but she didn't care at all, little did she know she caught the attention of a certain someone who was watching from a far?

Nini got up and stood on her feet on the tree trunk, almost falling, she laughed at herself being an idiot, but never stopped playing her guitar, the other person smiled at her self careless.

"the worst thing that I ever did, was what I did to you" she sang in a little voice.

she walked back and forth on the trunk while being cautious, the boy put his weight on the tree that was next to him, never leaving the girl's figure, he laid his right shoulder on the tree crossing his right foot above the left one.

the girl smiled at herself, her, the Nini always caring mostly about other people than herself, here she was once again not caring if she could fall from the tree, it wasn't that high yeah, but still...

"but if I just showed up at your party
would you have me? would you want me? would you tell me to go straight to hell, or lead me to the garden?"

the boy laughed quietly at the girl not being explicit; the brunette turned around on the tree, seeing the boy leaned on another tree made her fall but as soon Ricky realized she was falling he rushed to her and caught her on time, Nini falling in his arms bridal style.

"hi" she said out of breath, her guitar stuck in the leaves of the tree, "hey" he said with her same voice, she looked up at her light guitar stuck there, groaning in frustration before Ricky followed her eye trying to understand what she was groaning at.

As soon as she realized the curly-haired boy was still holding her, she also noticed they were extremely close so she put herself in her feet again "oh- sorry about that y-you just scared me" she chuckled nervously "it's no problem" he answered with a little grin.

"what are you doing here anyways?" the short brunette asked confused while patting her skirt.

"oh.. I was just uh- going for a walk at the beach, and then I passed by the entrance of course and I heard you singing so I decided to come here" he said shrugging.

"oh... alright" she nodded not knowing what to say, creepy stalker she thought to herself

Nini started to climb the tree again "where are you going?"

"umm to get my stuck guitar back?" she asked as if it was the most obvious thing.

he said with a low voice "right" he looked up at her seeing she was having trouble to take the instrument, it was a little far counting Nini put her hands up when she realized she was falling.

"ughh why the heck everything happens to me??" Nini groaned not knowing how to reach it without falling again.

"here, let me help you" Ricky climbed the tree arriving at the spot where the guitar was "okay maybe give me your hand so i don't fall this time?" he chuckled lightly making Nini smile "yeah sure" he put another foot on another trunk of the tree reaching the guitar and coming back to the girl.

"here" he handed the guitar "thanks" she eyes the guitar to check if the instrument was okay and didn't see any sings of being ruined so she let out a sigh of relief.

she sat back on the trunk sitting the instrument on her lap.

"how... uh- how have you been?"

"Nini you ignored me for last few days, what's the matter?"

"I'm just- look I'm just sorry I said that, I don't know your full story I shouldn't have told you what your mom did or not. I just felt bad cuz people don't normally open up to me, neither do I, so I didn't know what to say, I'm sorry" she said not giving him the satisfaction to make eye contact.

"and I just wanted to talk to you to say that you were right about my mom being at home for me until now" he said sincerely watching the girl try to see a reaction from her "and uh- to say that those words you said were the exact ones she says everytime I call her, or we see each other" his eyes fell on his lap, fiddling with his fingers as he gulped.

Nini turned to face him seeing the hurt in his espression.

"again, I'm.. sorry"

"stop apologizing Nini" he said with an annoyed voice"

"woah" Nini said taken back from his attitude change "I'm just trying to help you and being nice to you" Ricky turned seeing her confused and hurt face "shit" he mumbled putting his left hand on his face "I didn't mean it to come out like that I'm sorry it's not you-" he cut off himself shaking his head "what is it?" the girl asked her espression changing to a soft one.

"you wouldn't understand" he shook his head facing the other side.

"then help me" Nini put her left hand turning his face towards her, making eye contact with him for a moment until his eyes fell on his lap once again.

"my mom wants to meet up with me one of these days and explain why she left" he said before eyeing the brunette.

-------------------------------------
you most probably want to kill Lynne, I know, but you won't.
you will hate someone else, who I aM mArRiEd tO.