Chapter 24

hey y'all, sorry for not updating for about 2/3 weeks now, had a huge writers block recently, I mean it wasn't really a block but every time I had to write something, the next day I changed idea so..
anyways shitty chapter.
-

it was friday evening when Sydney decided to call Ricky to officially break up with him, what she didn't really expect was him agreeing on that too

"so" she said with a sigh "mutual?"

Ricky nodded from the other line "of course" he smiled softly "well.. i gotta go now, Gina and Ej are about to arrive" he said with a peace sign.

"alright, tell them i say hi" she said before hanging up.

Ricky locked his phone and shoved it in his back pocket "dad, see you later" he said peeking his head in the kitchen where his dad just entered

"okay, you coming for dinner?"

"no, i don't think so"

"okay have fun" Mike yelled from the kitchen when Ricky was heading out

Ricky made his way to the car when he heard someone yell after him in the parking lot "hey, where are you going?" Nini said breathless trying to catch up with him.

"oh hi.. just seeing my mom and grabbing a coffee passing by" he scratched the back of his neck.

Gina and Ej were also going there for Nini's birthday which was only in a few hours, they were going to surprise her the next day so Ricky couln't tell her he was going to see them.

"at almost six pm?" Nini asked confused while following Ricky to his car

"yup, it's something-that we used to do.." he said trying to find an excuse.

"oh- alright i guess, i'll see you later?"

"-not really, i'm sleeping at her house tonight" he cut her off with a shrug but nini didn't seem convinced at this one.

"but you don't have any clothes with you"

ricky had his lips parted slightly trying to come up with a good reason

"i- why are you interrogating me?" he asked trying to reverse the question to her catching her off guard

"wait- i- what?" Nini tried to say but he was entering his car already.
'well that worked' he thought to himself trying not to laugh at the confused face she had.

he rolled the window down "well, i'll see you tomorrow i guess, bye Nini" he waved passing by her.

you could tell Nini's face literally read 'what just happened?' but she tried to shrug it off, going back to her house.

*

"ahh! Rickaeyyyyyy" Ej said with a goofy grin while going in for a bro hug when he saw Ricky at the reception of their hotel.

Ricky just laughed at his friend "hey man how are you doing"

"all good" he winked making Ricky nod, they knew what they were talking about.

"hi" Gina said quietly while making her way towards them with her little bag.

"hey Gi" Ricky said going in for a hug

"i'm going to the bathroom" she said when they parted "oh yeah leave the bag here first though if you want" Ej stopped her.

"of course" she said before leaving.

Ej almost jumped on Ricky's arms when Gina was gone "dude dude dude dude" he started squealing like a little girl but trying to not make too much noise.

"Ej calm down or she's gonna hear you from the bathroom" Ricky laughed.

Ej checked their hotel room and Ricky waited by the entrance while they left their bags by their room and stopped to get changed for dinner.

*

Ricky, Ej, and Gina went to dinner together and laughed telling each other what they missed in the past few weeks.

a few hours passed when Ricky then left to go back at his house, he was almost entering it when he heard a guitar strumming almost... lazily, from the house next to his.

he caught a glimpse of Nini in the dark while strumming her light blue guitar, sitting on a chair outside her house.

she didn't hear him though so Ricky took that as advantage of getting inside, where he found his dad on the couch now asleep with the TV on.

he left the keys by the entrance before going to turn the TV off and wrote a note explaining he was home, he left the note in the little table in front of the couch before going to his own bedroom.