Chapter 22

she sent a quick 'yes' to her mom before going back to Ricky

"hey I'm back" Nini said sitting next to the boy.

"oh, I didn't mean to hear but- I didn't know you had a boyfriend?"

"what??? n-" Nini tried to say

"I mean I get it, but I don't think you should hang with me too much or your boyfriend might-"

Nini closed her eyes shut "HE'S NOT MY BOYFRIEND RICKY" she blurred out maybe a bit louder than she wanted to, catching the attention of a few people passing by.

She let a breath she didn't know she was holding before saying a quick 'sorry' to the people behind her.

"h-he's not- my boyfriend" she said calm.

"oh" Ricky said "then the- I-I love you-?"

"Ricky he's my cousin" the brunette laughed.

the curly-haired boy laughed nervously blushing embarrassed, he mentally face-palmed himself

'of course he is' he laughed nervously in his head too.

"o-oh, sorry" he said in a low voice passing his hand through his hair and then scratching the back of his neck.

'okay that was hot', Nini thought to herself.

she cleared her throat noticing she was staring at him "no problem" she said before smirking "jealous much?"

"What? no!!" he scoffed

"uhh we should- go back don't you think?" Ricky asked after a moment of silence.

"yeah, mhm" Nini said almost forgetting what Peter asked for "oh wait would you mind dropping me at my cousin's house? he called earlier and said their dog ran away so I needed to come over and help them search for him, I mean I'm his favorite so they think I can find it faster than they do"

"oh no yeah of course let's go".

Ricky dropped Nini off at Peter's house a few moments later, rolling down the window he offered help to find the dog.

"oh I mean- yeah!" she exclaimed "most people the better!!"

"alright" he said getting out of the car himself.

"could you just show me a picture of how was he?"

"of course, just let me find it" Nini said searching a for an old picture with the dog.

"oh! here I found it, this was from about almost 2 years ago so don't mind my ugly face" she said which caused Ricky chuckle.

"aww baby Nini" he said teasing her.

"knew you were gonna make fun of me" she said with a playful eyeroll.

"always" Ricky said with an innocent smile while opening the fence for her.

"after you m' lady"

"why thank you sir" she said with a laugh "oh wanted to tell you that he's blind so he's probably gone not too far from here" Nini turned around.

"okay sal-robs"

"don't call me that" she snapped back, Ricky putting his arms in the air in defense with a laugh.

around an hour and a half later, as expected from Peter, Nini and Ricky found the dog together, it wasn't far from the house if they were being honest.

They found him at the beach, which was not far at all.

"you bad boy, why did you ran away?" Nini said in a cute way bending down to pet him, the dog seemed so calm.

"I'm gonna call my cousin and tell him that we found him"

"alright" Ricky said bending down to pet him too.

"aw you little cutie" Ricky said pouting making Nini laugh.

"hey Pete we found him" she said through the phone "mhm.. yeah he was at the beach...okay we're on our way ..... bye" she said hanging up.

"okay he said to go back at his house, him and his parents are going back there too."

"okay, c'mon buddy, you need to go back" Ricky said patting him slightly "I thinks he loves me already" he said with an innocent grin making the brunette roll her eyes playfully.

"Mhm, believe that Bowen" she said with a smile.

"ohh we're on the 'last names' phase?" the curly-haired guy smirked.

Nini sighed dramatically "I'm am falling for the Ricky Bowen" she said with a fake gasp with a hand on her heart, making dramatic movements with her hands making air.

"ah ah, you're so funny" Ricky said getting into his seat.

"I know" Nini said moving her hands towards him.

"but you're cute" he mumbled to himself thinking it was low enough for the brunette next to him to not hear it, but she did.

"what was that?" Nini asked innocently.

"hm? oh nothing."

"okay" she said laying her head in her seat watching the view from her window.