Chapter 19

sighs, here it is I guess

Ricky sighed happily while hugging his girlfriend, lifting her from the ground and slowly twirling her around

"I didn't expect you to come, it's only been two weeks but i missed you" he said pulling her back on her feet.

"well I missed you too! but I needed to talk to you in person that's why I decided to come"

"wait how long are you staying?" he asked before she could continue

"I'm leaving tomorrow in the morning, but now please can we talk"

"oh so it's serious-wait are-you breaking up with me?" he asked nervously.

"yes!" Sydney exclaimed without hesitation "I mean no no no! of course not! I just need to talk, please let me talk I'm gonna explode"

Ricky was a little hurt when she immediately answered yes but he nodded

"talk" he said softly.

"I'm confused" she said sighing while sitting on the sand "about my feelings, about me, about just-everything.. in general"

"so this is about me?" Ricky asked sitting next to her.

"I mean- I don't know? I'm just saying I'm confused, but yes you are included in these confused feelings" she said with another exhausted sigh "I'm just sorry".

"Sydney" he tried to make the girl look in her eyes but she refused "hey hey, look at me Syd" he put a finger under her chin lifting her head a little to make her look at his eyes

"just talk to me, what is this exactly about? I won't get mad, I just need you to talk to me alright?"

"I just- don't know how to explain it-"

"-I'm right here" he interrupted her.

"okay" she nodded slowly making Ricky smile a little "I think- I like girls too" she said shutting her eyes leaving a big breath she didn't know she was holding.

Ricky was not expecting that at all "oh" he mentally slapped himself  "I meant- oh that's- great, so you're bi?!"

"Ricky i don't know! that's the thing I've only been in one relationship, which is you! and you're a guy! so I have no clue.
I'm always at our friend group table, which are all guys when Gina isn't with us, and i know we haven't seen each other in person only for two weeks but I think these days made realize I might don't want to only like boys". she said looking back at the sand and playing with it.

"so you're breaking up with me..."

"for now... it's a break" the brunette girl said looking back up at him.

she gulped "I'm sorry" she whispered after a few moments of silence.

"Sydney listen to me, don't ever be or feel sorry for finding out and being who you are, I'm going to be honest with you, it hurt? absolutely, but I love you and I want you to be happy, even if it means not being with me okay?"