Chapter 9

Quick thank you for +100 followers and for over 1k reads! It means a lot  to me so thank you so much! I'm always grateful for all of u :)
-----------------------------

Ricky's pov:

So it's finally Monday I guess, time flies when you spend it with the people you love the most.
Today we had to wake up pretty early for our flight to California and I was excited but tired; our flight was at 7:15 am, so I had to wake up around 5:45/ 6 am, we dont really live close to the airport, we have about 20/25 minutes taking the car.

It's now 5:30 am and gosh I wanna go back to sleep so bad right now.

Let me tell you... I have no clue to why I woke up this early when I clearly had at least more 30 minutes to sleep, but apparently my mind is very dumb to wake me up.

We've been knew.

I went to my suitcase just to check for the last time if I took everything I needed with me and then closing it before heading to the bathroom to brush my teeth and getting ready for the long day I had ahead of us.
I went downstairs to find my dad in the kitchen preparing blueberry pancakes, my favorite.

"mmh that smells so good already"

"oh hey buddy" my dad turned around facing me and then went back into cooking "did you take everything?"

"yep, all packed! You?"

"me too, I just need to put some little things last but I'll do it later"

"okay" we ate our pancakes together before I went up to my room to put my shoes on and heading back downstairs waiting for my dad.
We got out of the house and I opened the truck to put our suitcases in while my dad locked the door.
He stared the car and in about 20 minutes we were at the airport, there wasn't a lot of traffic because of the early time.
It's 6:50 am now so we still had about 30 minutes before going, our gate wasn't opened yet so I decided to go to Starbucks to get an iced coffee to drink.

"hey you want something from Starbucks?"

"no Rick I drank coffee this morning already"

"okay be right back"

----------
We just landed and I got up from my seat to take our suitcases, then me and my dad went to take the rented car at the airport (a/n- idk if rented is the right term btw) and started to go at this place, it was still pretty early in the morning, also counting that it's an hour earlier than Salt Lake City so it's 7:56 am (in California).

I wanna go back to sleep.

My dad started the little car we got and in 15/20 minutes we were at this big and kind of floral place.

"you go ahead Rick, I'll go park the car, just wait at the entrance if you want"

"okay, bye" I opened the door and took the suitcases with me so that my dad didn't need to worry about them after parking the car.

While I was heading to the entrance a short brunette girl with a blue dress came out of there with two women going to the parking lot, one blonde and the other one with dark hair, she felt familiar, maybe I met her at school or something but I don't remember.

My dad came back snapping me out of my thoughts and asking me for his suitcase.
He then asked the receptionist for the key and for the rest of the information they still needed, we have house number 6.

Yes!! My favorite number, now I'm happy.

While my dad was unpacking I left to the reception to se if there was something interesting this  week, and well I was right, I asked the girl at the reception and she gave me a paper about an 'acoustic karaoke' that was hosting tonight next to the entrance where there was a little distanced piano and some other instruments, she told me almost all the information.

"the details are in the paper I gave you!"

"okay thank you so much"

"no problem, have a nice day."

If I'm being honest I don't feel like singing to this thing, mostly because I had an early flight this morning and I will be exhausted already, but I will definitely go watch it! I love music and it will be amazing hearing other teens of my age singing.

"hey dad, did you finish unpacking?"

"oh hey yeah almost done, did you find something interesting? Oh what's that?"
He said taking the paper from my hand.

"well apparently there's an acoustic karaoke tonight for teenagers of my age, I'm not gonna sing but I'm gonna watch it so I don't know by what time I'll be back."

"okay well I was thinking of going explore a little today, what do you think?"
"if I'm being honest I'm a little tired and I wanna be pretty awake tonight, maybe tomorrow?"

"yeah that's fine by me!"

So I spent almost the entire day doing nothing.

---------------------------------
:)))))))))))))))