Chapter 27

"hey can I talk to you for a second?"

Nini was helping after lunch when she decided to ask her mom about her behaviors.

"sure" Dana replied confused, Nini dragged her mom into the living room, letting her sit on the sofa "what's the matter honey?" she asked sweetly putting a hand above her daughter's.

"you..." she took a deep breath "you think I didn't notice... earlier at the table when I mentioned it was also Ricky's birthday today, you had- this unreadable espression on your face" she explained, Dana's mouth forming an 'o' shape in realization

"oh?" Dana questioned with a laugh "yeah, um.. about that" she tried to find a realistic excuse so she wouldn't have to worry about telling her daughter the truth, but Nini knew her mom better than anyone, to her luck.

"mom, what's going on? what is it?"

"Nini, it was just a thought that crossed my mind, but I need a confirmation before telling you anything about it, you... just do your thing, as always" she reassured her daughter putting a hand on her shoulder.

"wait what? mom no, seriously what is it?"

Dana once again refused to tell her daughter anything, all she wanted was reassure and answers, just as much as Nini though...

"okay. fine. when u wanna tell me then you know where to find me" Nini said lazily and angrily at her mother, catching her by surprise.

Nini was almost never a girl to cuss or treat bad her parents, not if she was upset or something happened to her, she was always the perfect daughter everyone wanted to have, and the relationship she had with her mother was more of a friendly one due to their age difference, they always joked around everything, and let's just say that anyone close to Nini was pretty much jealous of her because of that.
her mom understood her, but sometimes Nini couldn't accept that her mom was still an adult and a parent, she couldn't help but being upset when Dana and Carol hid things from her.

she went to her room, slamming the door shut which made Dana jump in surprise.

what a way to start your birthday.......

*

Kourtney was on her way to Nini's house, excited she took a breath before knocking on the white door.

Carol opened surprises to find Kourtney on the other side.

"Kourtney!! hi how are you sweetie"

"I'm great, can u come out here for a second I need to talk to you about a surprise" she said dragging her on the little front porch after she closed the door behind her

"I'm all ears" she said as excitement rushed over her.

"so as you know today is Nini's birthday.." she started

"mhm" Carol answered for her to continue

"we are all organizing Nini's birthday at Peter's house, so she doesn't suspect anything.
we need her to come to the entrance, there's Gina waiting for her, she'll keep her busy with Ej the entire day and then they'll drag her to Peter's house, absolutely do not drag her either here or at Peter's, go it?"

"yes ma'am" carol smiled "it's an amazing party idea, she's gonna be so happy to see Ej and Gina", Kourtney agreeing with a nod.