Yellow Brick Road

Author's Note: One thing I like about writing in Brooklyn's POV is how you're able to see her train of thoughts, and I believe that's important when talking about mental health awareness. Sometimes what seems unrealistic to us, makes sense to people who are bipolar, and sometimes, it can get ugly. One movie that does this well is Words on Bathroom Walls. With Brook's character, I want you to see and read everything she thinks, so you can get see how we get from one to another, and the sequence of events it takes for Brook to make a decision.

Brooklyn's POV:

If there is one thing that I dislike more than having to wake up at 7:00 a.m, it's having to wake up a 16-year-old male as well. Stephen gave me a hard time throughout the morning, being short with his comments and giving me evil eyes.

He was still a bit upset with me after yesterday but I was able to bring the tensions down by getting him his favorite treat, which is a snowcone flavored Tiger's blood from his favorite restaurant Shave Ice. I knew it didn't make up for me forgetting our session but I thought it was a good peace offering before my heartfelt apology. He eventually accepted my apology, but this morning he was once again upset at me.

Apparently, and according to him, 7:00 a.m. was not an appropriate time to wake up. Lucky for me though, I had a wonderful Isa to help me, and she was quick to get Stephen moving. For her services, I rewarded her with her choice of where we had breakfast. It did take a lot of begging on my part for her to pick since Isa didn't want me to waste my money on them.

In the end, Stephen revealed where Isa's favorite café was, and I was able to get us some food. I even got some food for Emma and Zachary since I was in a good mood.

"Now, the majority of the teachers who teach seniors are being lenient and letting us study where ever we would like, mine included. So if you have a break and if your teachers allow it, I can go to your classroom and help you two out, with your guys' final reviews okay? Stephen, freshmen, and sophomores are taking their finals this Thursday, and Isa, you'll be taking your finals with us senior this Friday. That means, today I want you guys to figure out what you need help with the most, got it?" I asked as I looked between the siblings.

"Well, I call first dibs, I have science second period and I am still kind of lost," Stephen said.

"Okay, well, what about you Isa?"

Shrugging her shoulders she looked at her reflection in the mirror before responding.

"I think I'm going to need you for English. I was hoping you can be there when my teacher goes over what's going to be on the exam," Isa stated.

"Sure thing, just go ahead and text me when you need me," I said.

"I hope you don't mind Brooklyn but Zachy is also in that class so he might crowd us," Isa said softly.

Chuckling I shook my head before I took a peek at Isa.

"I'll be surprised if he didn't. Isa are we friends?"

"I would like to think so," Isa said.

"Then why must you be so formal with me, are you like this with Zachy boo?" I asked, slightly teasing the brunette.

"Izzy is a total prude! Of course, she is," Stephen said as he leaned forward to look at us.

"I am not a prude!" Isa exclaimed as she turned in her seat to look at her brother.

"Well if she's a prude then you're a wanker!" I said before laughing.

"Huh?" Stephen said as he turned to look at me.