Mother's Dearest

(This chapter is a filler, but an important one, as it allows the story to transition and move along with the plot. Enjoy and ps. if you have any questions/just wanna talk for a few, inbox me. I usually have people trying to converse/get my attention via commenting/posting on my wall, but I turned my notification off on those as I get nearly 100 notification a day and that would blow my phone up.)

Brooklyn's Pov:

"Please tell me this isn't some kind of kink that rich people get off on."

"You do know the only difference between us is the amount of money we have as incomes right?"

"Plus your morals, view on life, and how you think you're entitled to everything this world has to offer."

"Harsh much? And I thought a second again we were making processes to a better relationship."

"Brook, has anyone ever told you that you looked better when your mouth is shut?"

"Oh, baby that's all I've ever heard. Try something original."

Pushing me slightly with her shoulder, Emma rolled her eyes before taking a few steps in front of me.

After our conversation we had at the gazebo, I couldn't help but feel a weight being lifted off my shoulders. Surely there was nothing wrong with being diagnosed with bipolar disorder but usually, people tend to look at you differently as if they have to censor themselves around you. I was never once bothered with the diagnoses but I did worry what others thought about me.

People are always more willing to sympathy with someone when their injuries are visible, like a broken bone or a bruised eye. There's no card in Walmart that says, "Hey I'm sorry that you're chemically unbalanced". To make matters worse people always seemed to think I was doing everything for attention.

Granted, I never told anyone about my diagnosis, but the people who did know, still believe that me not taking my pills was my attempt of seeking something.

I guess that's why Emma's reaction took a weight off my shoulders.

She just understood.

Nothing can express the feeling one gets when someone just gets you for yourself versus how you should be like.

I knew I fell for someone who was too pure for me.

"Whatcha thinking about?"

"How incredible you are."

"Just because I called rich people off on their kinks for having small dogs inside their purse? It's really not that impressive."

Rolling my eyes and stepping closer to her, I looked out to our environment. We were currently on one of the many ponds that this estate had to offer, looking out to the many casuals that just walked among themselves.

Some had golfing bags with them, others had bags with small dogs inside them.

"I was thinking more along the lines at how you didn't blink an eye when I told you that I was bipolar."

Taking a quick peek at me, before looking back across the pond, Emma responded.

"I don't judge a person base on what they can't control rather what they can. That's the problem with people these days, all they care about is what is on the outside. Like how we all know you wouldn't have talked to me if I didn't meet some kind of standards in regards to looks."

"Not true, when I first saw you all I noticed was a girl with greyish eyes in baggy clothes."

"You'll say anything to save your ass, Brook," Emma responded as she took a quick look at me.