Blue Dot

Emma's POV:

It wasn't easy; nothing with Brook ever is.

But in the long term it was worth it.

After the accident she stayed in the hospital for two nights; one day before graduating high school.

I tried with all my might to get her to smile but the best I could do was get her to sigh.

She did however look the part of her past self. Hair perfectly done, cheek done up with make up, hiding her beautiful freckles, and her clothes showing off her wealth.

The only thing missing; her smile.

She just sat in the passenger seat of her car holding her cap while playing with her gown, staring off into space. She had a small black book bag on her shoulder, the strip falling off.

It was different to say the least; caring for Brooklyn. I knew it wasn't something she did on purpose to draw attention but I could tell now, how much soccer meant to her by the simple fact that it completely broke her when told she couldn't do it anymore.

Today we were supposed to celebrate the beginning of our life but one look at Brook told me, she just lost hers.

I did try, for her sake, to remain positive as I reach for her hand.

"Love?"

"Hmm," she mumbled back.

"You need to be on stage soon for the speech."

We had spent a majority of the first half of graduation in her car, listening to the ceremony in it.

Humming, Brook just nodded her head as she gave my hand a squeeze.

"Yeah okay, love you," Brook mumbled before getting out of her car.

Sighing I grabbed her cap that she left before trying to follow her.

Unfortunately she was quick with her departure.

If only she let me in.

_____________________________________

Brooklyn POV:

Rubbing my hands together, I tried to read the speech I wrote.

A lot of bullshit if you asked me.

Huffing, I balled up the paper before throwing it aside.

What good would it do if I didn't even care to read it?

Clenching my jaw I hated the fact that I had to give a speech in the dam first place.

Huffing, I continued to chew on my cheek until George announced me.

Thank God.

I couldn't wait another second.

Scratching my cheek, I walked out, almost tripping on my gown as I approached the mic. Clearing my throat I looked out to the sea of my fellow classmates before I spoke; only a few faces recognizable.

Taking a deep breath, I tried to search for Emma's eyes but fell short on it; leaving me feeling expose. Closing my eyes once's more I tried my hardest to smile; pretend I was okay, but...

I just couldn't; leaving me to be vulnerable as I gave my speech.

"I wish to say Goodmorning, but I think it's better to say Goodbye. I truly wish, to never see you guys again and not because I don't wish well on you all but because I wish the best. So much so that I can't even contact you. I wish to never see any of you struggling but instead in the passing of a magazine. As a CEO or as a simple owner of a coffee shop. I wish for all of you to leave California and explore what this beautiful blue dot in this galaxy can afford. I just wish for all of you to reach your goals.