Mezmorized

Brooklyn's Pov:

My heart was pounding against my chest and I could feel the burning in my lungs. There weren't an inch of this soccer field that I haven't cover since the game started.

It was the second half and I already knew this was going to be a rough session but not because of the teams we were going against rather because of my teammates. Half the team didn't want to pass the ball and the other half didn't know how to defended. I was just lucky we had a great center midfielder and at least two good forwards, not including myself.

So far it was a tie at zero to zero and when I asked one of the referee how much time was left on the clock, he simply said that this game was as good as set.

I made sure to keep my head completely on the game, so when one of my teammates passed me the ball, I knew exactly what to do. I started running as fast as I could, navigating myself through the other team. Since I was pretty much in the middle of the field sprinting, I knew the best thing to do was to pass it to one of my wings. Looking to my left first, I noticed my teammate was to far behind, so I quickly turned my head to the right to check if my other wing was opened.

One of the best mistakes of my life.

As I turned to check to see if my teammate were open, I ended up looking into the crowded and oh god, nothing prepared me for what I saw or what happened next.

One minute, I was running down the field and next thing I knew, I was on the ground, and the wind knocked out of my lungs.

I crawled up into a ball, holding onto my stomach. I was gaping hard and since my face was sweated, all the dirty from the ground got stuck on my face.

I could feel people crowding over me and it wasn't until someone rolled me on my back that I realized that something was wrong with my hearing. I saw there lips moving but I couldn't make out what they were saying.

I quickly started to panic, however after a few seconds, I could hear mumbles. Shaking my head, I slowly stood up, with the help of some people.

The mumbles slowly started to go away and I could finally hear what they were saying to me.

"Are you ok?" One girl asked from the other team.

Nodding my head, I slowly looked around and realized exactly where I actually fell at.

I fell inside the goal keepers box.

Penalty Shot, and not a moment to soon.

I looked at the referee and noticed him checking his watch. He then blew his whistle and walked over to the penalty shot zoom. He then picked up the ball and placed it there.

I knew I had to take the shot, since penalty shots were my strongest point.

Getting into position, I looked over my shoulder and looked at the person who distracted me in the first place. Everyone in the crowd were quiet and watching the games intensely. However, it wasn't until I locked eyes with that one person that I actually smiled.

Turning around, I went back into my zoom.

Taking a couple of steps back, I watched the goalie and when I thought the moment was right, I ran to kick the ball.

I tried to aim for the top left corner of the goal since I knew how to curve the ball to go in the way I want it to go. Just like I thought, the goalie jumped for the other side, allowing the soccer ball to go in.

As soon as the ball went inside, I knew we won the game. I could hear the crowd cheering along with my team as well.

I had the biggest smirk on my face when the referee blow the whistle three times,indicating that the game was over,