Honest

Edited by: shapeshiftinggoddess
_______________________________________

Emma's POV:

If I could describe the wait in one word it'll be agonising. I spent most of the afternoon and night sleeping, trying to see if it would hurry the clock up by a few hours, however, it only added to my emotional pain. I would dream dreams of Brook and they weren't as pleasant as I wish they would be since some of them ended with Brook dying even though the nurse already confirmed that she was stable.

The 24 hours that we needed to wait came and went but not as fast as we anticipated. It's always funny how time is never on your side when you want it to be.

When the doctor finally allowed us to see Brook we had to go in groups and had to divide the time since the doctor didn't want to overwhelm Brook; Brook was to have only 1 hour of visitors. Obviously, Brook's parents went in first with Sydney spending about 20 minutes with their daughter and then Aaron with Chloe as well as Brian for about 15 minutes. Since the groups were advised to be only of 3 people, Koby, Hanna, and Jenna went in next and agreed to only see her for 10 minutes. The last 15 minutes were for me alone and I couldn't seem to get rid of the nauseating feeling I had in the pit of my stomach.

It's the waiting that always seems to kill people and even though I was never alone in the waiting room, I couldn't help but feel like I was. Surely I understood that everyone had a different relationship with Brook but for some reason, I keep trying to think of the relationship I had with Brook and wondering if there ever really was one. I know nothing of her and if I was being honest with myself, I rushed into something that I thought was going to be amazing.

Brooklyn Knight was the “it girl” with the perfect set of teeth, her gorgeous hair that flowed down in waves and not to mention her beautiful eyes. They could never be described as being green since around her pupils there was a blend of yellow in them and at times, the green looked to be blue depending on what she wore. Overall, she seemed to have it all with her friends, parents, and not to mention all the money she had. It always made me wonder, why me? Why did she seem to be drawn to me?

There would always be the fact that I was just a bet to begin with but why not stop communication with me after she lost? I was not going to sleep with her and I was not about to date her anytime soon so why not give up? We would never be a perfect match made in Heaven, no. She was the girl who seemed to have it all and I was just the girl, the girl who got involved with a heartbreaker. I was plain; I was boring, and nothing that could ever compare to Brook or her past lover, Sydney. Maybe I liked it all, maybe I liked the drama because here I am, waiting to see the one who got me involved with everything wild and insane.

Rubbing the tiredness out of my eyes, I glance up to see my friends heading towards me.

"Your turn," Koby said as he sat down next to me.

Slowly getting up, I smiled at Hanna and Jenna who stood in front of me.

"Brook doesn't know you're here, she kept asking for you but we decided to let her suffer for a bit after what she did to us," Hanna said as she placed her hands on my shoulder.

Cracking a small smile, I told them to wait for me while I went inside. A doctor stood close by and asked me to follow him so he could show me to Brook's room. The walk to the hospital room was somewhat short but nevertheless, it caused my heart to beat faster and faster with every step I took. No one ever wanted to see someone you cared for hooked up to machines.

"She's right in here; try not to get her too excited, she’s had a long night." The doctor said as he opened the door for me.

"Trust me; she's not the only one," I mumbled under my breath.