Rebranding

Brooklyn's POV:

If there is one thing I dislike about school it's having to relearn the same material all over again; I mean come on, I am a senior carrying around materials that a sophomore should have in their hands, not in mine.

Don't get me wrong, I might be smart but I'm no Einstein, I don't have every little piece of information from my start in high school locked away in my brain ready to use at the drop of a hat. If I did, I wouldn't have to be carrying around a biology textbook among others.

Oh God, how I hate science with a passion. The only reason I was putting up with it was because I needed to make sure that Stephen passed his science final. I'm not sure what will happen if he failed, I didn't exactly have a lawyer with me when I signed the contract with his mom, but I'm pretty sure my wallet will definitely have to pay for it. Unfortunately, I ain't rich Brook anymore but rather very moderately well off Brook, so I knew I had to get the kid up to speed with his studies.

Groaning, I hitched up the books in my arms and continued my journey to the front of the school. Emma asked if she could come over again as her mother was working a 12-hour shift at the hospital and I was more than happy to agree. Unfortunately, though, tonight had to be a study date as I had to make a schedule for both Isa and Stephen. I wanted to plan out how our tutoring sessions were going to be like and because of that, I had made sure to talk to Isa's teachers as well.

Almost all of the teachers was excited to know that at least one of their students were taking their finals serious and immediately gave me their syllabus. A few of them however, just teased me about the whole ideal but eventually handed over what I wanted from them. Looking at the textbooks I was carrying, I frowned and mumbled to myself.

"Stephen better pass his dam exams or I'm going to smack him with each of his dam textbooks."

"Who's Stephen?"

"Jesus Mary and Joseph!"

"Oh, I know who those people are."

Holding the textbooks in my hands close to my chest, I tried to calm down my running heart as I stared directly at Joshua. He was leaning against the lockers with a smile on his face. Squinting my eyes at him, I wanted nothing more than to ignore him because of what he did doing lunch, so, sticking to my guns of ignoring people, I did just that.

Resuming my walk, I looked away from Joshua and tried not to drop the textbooks in my hand. The scary had caused my hands to slightly shake but it wasn't to noticeable. I mean, the kid did practically jump scary me.

"Do you need help with those textbooks?"

Once again, I ignored Joshua as I continued to the front of the school. It was only when Joshua placed his hand on my shoulder, that I sighed and turned around to address his properly.

"What do you want Joshua?"

"I just wanted to check up on you after what happened during lunch. Emma told me you were doing something so I decided to wait for you close to the entrance."

Shaking Joshua's hand off my shoulder, I was quick to release my pent up angry at him.

"Joshua how fucken stupid are you, because last time I check you still have some brain cell's that worked properly."

"Ouch a little harsh aren't we?" Joshua said, as he chuckled and crossed his arms over his chest.

"That was harsh? No, I'm pretty sure what you did to my friends were harsh. How could you mark them?"

Frowning at me, I noticed that Joshua was clenching his jaw tightly before he exhale deeply, the frown never leaving his facial expression.

"You call those people your friends? That Koby kid seemed very determined to ruin your relationship with Emma."