Dépaysement

I kept going back to this chapter. Editing and rewriting; trying to get to be a smooth chapter, but I couldn't do so; so I just decided to combine chapters. (P.S I've read a few books on here lately and they are really depressing, so don't worry I won't be doing that to you guys.)
__________

Brooklyn's POV:

We all have our weakness; our own Achilles' heels if you could say, that could easily bring you to your knees.

Mine perhaps is simple; one you all already know and one I might have in common with you. My Achilles heel is craving love and perhaps acceptance. After doing some calculations, I realize that perhaps it did hindered me, searching for approval in others but sometimes I was too strung up on meds to think freely. I mean I was currently trying to blink away the shapes I saw and ignore the sounds that was solely in my head.

That's why I instead turned my focus on those identical greenish-yellow eyes that I inherited. She was a perfect doll; a replica of what I'll look like in a few years. Subconsciously, I found myself gripping mom's hip tighter as I tried to control my excitement for tonight. Michelle Knight, had taken the weekend off to tend to my needs, and I was enjoying it.

Smiling at mom, I allowed her to play dress up with me; something that she loved to do when I was younger. Those moments were rare, having her undivided attention, so the second I knew I had it, I tried to keep it solely on me.

Mom had brought along with her Elise, her assistant, to take care of anything pertaining to her business which surprised me. I didn't know much about Elise, but I knew she was my senior by three years on an internship that she won. She was a tall brunette with pretty brown eyes and spotted a similar accent to mine. She was polite and nice, but with my mother in my presence I didn't spare her much thought.

The only time I really paid Elise any attention was right now, as she helped mom fix my suit for me, making sure everything was attached perfectly. There were many different aspects and attachments to the suit, replicating the ones you would see on a late 15th century medieval British prince. I had on a white button-up dress shirt with my corset vest over it. The vest was gold with blue flowers hidden within the different patterns and had four golden buttons keeping it nice and close. It also has cinching in the back and mom made sure to tighten it for me, making it slightly hard to breath. Over that, I had another vintage-looking coat corset with the same pattern as the vest with white ruffles at the cuff of the sleeves. When mom was happy with how it looked, she asked Elise to attached something to my neck that matched the ruffles on my wrists. Following that mom attached my cape over my right shoulder, a golden color belt securing it to my shoulder and chest. It was rather heavy, but it was gorgeous nevertheless. It was navy blue with golden patterns around the edges and had brown fur on the inside for warmth.

Next came my crown, which sat pretty on my head. It was made to look similar to that of the crown jewels of the United Kingdom with the exception of the fabric being a navy blue instead of a dark purple. The bottom half of my outfit was less impressive as I was wearing just black dress pants with leather boots that stopped right below my knees. The only thing that would truly catch someone's attention towards my bottom reign, was the sword in its holster that was secured to my waist tightly. The sword was somewhat heavy but it added to the aesthetics. Apparently the sword was something from my dad's side of the family, and even though mom wasn't happy about me wearing something pertaining to his family with her own work, she didn't have the heart to tell dad.

Dad was just happy he could contribute something to my outfit, and knowing how sensitive he could be, I just accepted it. I might not care for his family after learning what they did to mom, but I love him, and if it made him happy, I would wear it with pride.