Faded

Brooklyn's Pov:

"Can you tell me your name sweetheart?"

"She's not responding correctly, check her pulse for me."

"Are you the father?"

"We need to take her now."

"She's opening her eyes, hey sweetheart how are you?"

Nothing was clear and everything came in waves. Yes, I can hear you, no I can't tell you my name, yes he's my father, and I feel great.

Pauses happened too, one second I was laying down on the stretchers in the ambulance and another I was in a white room.

Crying; the most heartbreaking sound heard in the hospital of a little child, yet, I had no sympathy for them as I yelled for the nurses to tell the child to shut up.

Words come out in only mumbles as if I was drunk and the world was spinning faster than it usually does.

Another second passed and I was in the arms of my father as I whispered secrets to him. Telling my tales of random events and slowly dying in his arms.

My sugar was low, dangerously low and as I was speaking mid-sentence, blackness consumed me.

There was nothing and as the noises faded, I felt calm, however, it didn't last long. Given a dosage of syrup in my veins by a thick needle my body started combusting and again there was silence.

One, two, three, and a wave of electricity kick started my heart again and within 5 hours of repeating dying and being brought back to life the nurses were prepared to pass on bad new to my parents.

However, just as they were prepared to write my death off as an overdose on ecstasy, my eyes opened up with the last electricity shock they gave me, causing my heart to finally find its rhythm again.

I remember nothing in details as things came in and out again in a haze.

I was simply faded.

************************************

Emma's Pov:

All evening I had a sick feeling in my stomach as if something was wrong but I couldn't place my finger on it.

Currently eating ice cream with Jenna, Hanna, and Koby, I looked around the table and watch them laugh among themselves. Once in a while I would pitch in and talk about whatever topic was being discussed but because of the nauseating feeling in my stomach I couldn't hold the conversation for long.

It was roughly around 5 o'clock in the evening so I decided to call my mother so she wouldn't be worried about me. As I reached into my pocket to take out my phone, I realized it was turned off.

"Shoot.."

Turning his head to look at me, Koby spoke up.

"Everything okay?" He asked.

"Yea but my phone ran out of batteries." I said as I placed my phone on the table.

"You got an Apple?" Koby asked as he reached for his book bag next to him.

Nodding my head, I watched as he pulled out his charger and gave it to me.

Thanking him, I looked around to see if I could find a outlet and to my surprise there was one next to our table.

I quickly plugged in my phone and turned it on, giving it the few minutes it needed to completely turn on.

"We need to do something for summer, it's our last year and we might never see each other again." Jenna said as she finished off her ice cream.