Truth

Edited by: shapeshiftinggoddess
_______________________________________

Brooklyn POV:

The day that I longed to be back in my room was one that was short lived. After spending roughly 38 hours in the hospital I was finally allowed to leave with the supervision of my father since he was a doctor.

My overdose was ruled out as accidental instead of intentional and the only question I was asked was where I got the pills to begin with. I, of course, didn't tell them where since snitches always get stitches so I practiced that I also forgot that as well. One of the first things that I did when I got home was called Joshua to see what actually happened.

Two missed calls later and a very pissed but worried Joshua answered. He ended up explaining how he noticed that I was acting kind of weird and after counting his pills he noticed he was short causing him to freak out. He ended up calling the ambulance and fabricated a lie saying that we went out to drink and he thought someone spiked my drink since I was acting weird. I also asked if my parents called him but he told me they didn't, which caused me to calm down. Towards the end of the conversation I spent a good 5 minutes apologizing to him and he simply told me he forgave me but never to do something as stupid as that again.

I was sure he was going to tell me off but a part of me knew he still liked me so he wasn't about to cut off ties with me just yet.

I spent most of the weekend stuck in my room with Barbara occasionally checking up on me. We ended up having a talk and she mentioned how she felt that I was going through depression without even realizing it.

"Bar, I'm not depressed, I'm okay." I commented as I shrugged my shoulders.

"I've known you all your life and I can tell when something about you changes." Bar said as she started cleaning my room.

Rolling my eyes, I sat up in my bed and looked at her.

"I'm the same, you're just worrying over nothing."

"Sweetheart you haven't been the same since this year started. You've been acting out and it's getting worse. You're doing stupid things that can kill you and I think you're doing it on purpose." Bar said as she stopped her cleaning and came over to me.

"Like what?" I asked.

"There have been numerous times where you have taken a car and drove off drunk. You walk around half the time high off some stupid drug. Brook, depression isn't always the way it's portrayed in books or movies. You need to realize that you're harming yourself without noticing it."

"Bar I'm a teenager, we do stupid stuff."

"Not every teen is rich and has parents who aren't around half the time. Let's face it; you have been given a free ticket all your life to do whatever you pleased."

Frowning, I rolled my eyes again and laid down. Barbara didn't know what she was talking about.

"You know you're not perfect right?" Bar commented.

"Trust me I know my flaws."

"I bet you don't." Bar said as she walked over to the bed and sat down.

"Yes I do." I mumbled as I turned to look at her. Her brown eyes carefully looked into my green ones as if waiting for me to continue speaking.

When I said nothing, she licked her lips and responded.

"Humor me then."

Once again I rolled my eyes but decided to talk to her.

"Well for one thing, I don't take anything serious and I like to party way too much. I mean I really like the feeling of being buzzed, you can do almost anything and get away with it unless you know, it's morally wrong. I also like pushing peoples buttons for some odd reason."