forty two - 24 hours

W I L L O W

W I L L O W

Sargent had woken up. Barely 24 hours after the whole Victor situation I got a call from Cody that he had woken up and had asked for me.

I got out of my moms car and waved her goodbye after telling her to be careful and not to worry about me. We promised each other to not think about him until the next time he popped up.

I was practically running to the hospital doors with the flower bouquet jumping around in my grip and everyone around me was giving me weird looks. I took a few turns and saw that the door to his room was ajar, I walked slower towards it and stopped right in front of it when I heard the sounds of Sargent talking to someone.

"This game of yours is taking way too much time, you told me that you were just gonna play with her feelings a bit and leave her" Oh, he's with Samantha.

"First you try to take your own damn life and I know it wasn't because of her but you scared me Sarg, this is not you. End this for me, for our friendship."

Sargent laughed, making my stomach drop, "Ah! Sam! I can't, this is so fun! I swear seeing her all in love with me is the best thing that has happened to me in forever. The thought of her big and bright heart being right in the middle of my palm is so exciting. I told her that I would break her.

I had such a fun time in London, my mom really had to put me in that institution, well tried to, but I had such a fun time when I got out, the girls there are fire and the parties were bomb. But those fucking idiots had to find me when I got here and well, I couldn't finish what I've started"

What is going on.

Samantha didn't laugh, "You're taking this a bit too far either way. The plan was not to make her literally fall in love with you, the plan was to give her a little bit of hope and leave her. She cares for you now."

"I know and that's the fun part. She cares for me? I don't give a damn! Who told Edwards to be such a naive little baby!" he kept on laughing and I couldn't stop the tears. Oh, my god! I'm so stupid.

"I won't lie, for a while it felt like she was healing me. There were times where I genuinely laughed with her. Edwards is a nice girl but it's not my fault that she dropped on to the spider web so quickly. She was an open target and she was literally itching for me to hurt her. If she didn't...do me so dirty with that prank...I might've actually gotten to like her the way she liked me. But it was nice to know that there was someone who was actually able to accept me and be with me through my ups and downs. But I'm going to end it, now"

"I-I care about you too...and I've always accepted you the way you are, Sarg" Samantha said and Sargent chuckled at her words.

"Well, of course dummy! We are friends and no one can break that bond. But Willow was something else. I was actually myself with her -well at some times- and I didn't force myself. Also, surprisingly we had similar interests and stuff."

"Don't tell me you started growing some type of feelings for her" Samantha said and it was quiet for a while before Sargent spoke.

"Maybe I did? I don't know. But my hate for people absorbs any love or care in me." I dropped the flowers I was holding and I guess they heard it.

Samantha opened the door wider and saw me and let out a gasp.

"Willow?" I heard Sargent but I couldn't listen to the rest because I started running like my life depended on it.

Leaving the pieces of my broken heart on the hospital floor.

* One week later *

I heard a knock on my door and took one of my earphones out, "What is it" I murmured and my mom poked her head out when she opened the door to my dark room. I had closed the curtains.

"Uhm, Gray and Ruby is here, they wanted to see you"

"Tell them I'm sleeping or something, I'm not in the mood for chitchat" I said and buried my head into my pillow and kept on listening to the song, where I left it off.

"If you get a minute ,call me back,I'm so lonely and you're the only one that knows me, yeah, yeah. And if you're busy then I understand it. It's bad timing and I'm probably gonna end up crying, ah"

The lyrics hit me once again and I couldn't stop the tears from falling.

I was. Ruined. I felt so stupid and worthless. I wanted to hurt myself and end this disgusting feeling but I tried to push the bad thoughts away but it took a lot of energy to do so.

I've never felt so small and hopeless. I don't even want to talk about it. I heard that he's out of the hospital but I haven't seen him or anyone else since I totally isolated myself since that day.

I haven't eaten anything, I stopped talking to everyone, even my mom. I haven't been to school for a week and even Kyle has been calling me and texting me about the math tutoring but I totally ignored everything.

I wanted to beat myself up until my mind and body got punished enough to know what a bad thing we've done. I was so weak. Such an easy target just like he said.

I was an open target, I was practically waiting there asking him to kill me slowly. I did this to myself. Falling in love with my enemy? Yeah, it's my stupid fault.

"If you let somebody down,I can feel your karma coming 'round. And I wonder if he's hurting now, yeah"

I closed my eyes and tried falling asleep to the song. I wish, I didn't hear them talking. I wouldn't have been so heartbroken now.

But that was the plan wasn't it? Leaving me broken.

What do I do now? I can't pick all of the pieces up. I'm so tired.

Willow, come on now! You're stronger than this! It's just love. Stupid love. You'll get through this.

"I miss you when I can't sleep. Or right after coffee. Or right when I can't eat .I miss you in my front seat "

I screamed into my pillow. Or not.

Let's get over the fairytales where the prince saves the princess and they live happily ever after

Let's get over the fairytales where the prince saves the princess and they live happily ever after. There's no total happiness. So, I'm not sorry for this lol. It was meant to happen and is a big part of Sargents character development and a big eye opening for little Willow too.

The world is cruel. Love is not forever and it doesn't always end good.

#BreakingtheCliche

Lots of love<3 and I didn't want to post this today but I just couldn't stop myself :') // D.E

Don't forget to tap the star (vote) and leave a little comment about todays second chapter (42) :)