4

The moment that I felt my consciousness softly awaken, I was in the middle of a grass plain.

The first thing that I was surprised about was that there was a 「smell」

The fragrance of flowers. The smell of dirt. Scents that give off that you’re in the middle of a grass plains.

I was surprised because the games that I experienced in the past 2 days, this did not exist.

「Welcome, to《WorldLive-ONLINE》」

Just like the information I received beforehand, there was a voice behind me.

Turning around, who was right before me was,  a woman wearing a deep blue nun’s clothes.

Nicknamed, Navigator. A tutorial character that will always appear right behind a player who arrives in this world for the first time.

「I am Iris. I am the guide granted to come」

The same time with those words, she passed one piece of an iron plate like card to me.

This is called a Menu Card, this item is used for the players who couldn’t use the Mental Operation.

Also it seems that it also works as an identification card and also a wallet.

「Please try thinking about the Display Menu. The menu screen should be projected. If it does not work then, rubbing that card will display the menu」

「I see…..ah, it appeared」

fooon(sfx) an inexpressible sound resounded and at the same the menu screen appeared showing a hard screen like that of a smartphone , and the operation is also pretty similar to it.

Well, it might be better than being told to operate a transparent hologram.

The screen still doesn’t show the menu options yet, in the middle of it there were 2 words 「initial Settings」.

「Let us begin the settings. First please choose your race」

Pressing the Initial Settings, there were two options that appeared.

Human, and then Demi-human.

Regarding demi-humans, it looks like there are three more options open on it.

I opened the page for the demi-human, I searched in the column for what I decided after consulting with Rin-chan.

From the famous Elf, Beastmen, and Dwarf  to even hobbit’s,  the special races avatar special for this VR game appears right before me, even though I had the info, I was still overwhelmed by its number.

Scrolling here and there, I didn’t find it so I turned back again, and then scrolling again, then I finally found one of the races and chose it.

And that is「Ogre tribe」.  Having a really inclined status, a really specialized race.

「Race has been chosen, please decide the appearance of your Avatar」

Matching up with the Navigator’s words, An avatar modeled after me showed up on the menu screen.