152

Before chopping wood, first, I'll have to learn how to do it.

Maruishi said that, and I came to a workshop where the woodworker of the moonlight tree was.

"Excuse me."

"Oh, what is it!"

When I called out at the entrance, there was a loud reply. It was a very husky voice.

There was a cleaning sound, and then a huge, burly, macho man over two meters tall appeared.

"Huge!"

"Hahaha! That quite unique greeting, isn't it?"

I felt that his voice was somehow higher than I expected; I took a second look and found out that he turned out to be a she.

It's not often you see a woman bigger than Touka-chan, much less one this muscular.

She was wearing a twisted headband and a tank top. Her horns, hair, and eyes were a beautiful copper color.

She laughed at my rude comment and looked at me as if she were assessing me.

"I guess you're Sukuna. You've got a nasty curse. I've never seen anyone with a full-body curse like this before."

"Ahaha..."

It's like my information has spread throughout the village.

Well, it doesn't matter, though.

"Well, whatever. So, what do you want?"

"I received a quest to chop wood, and Maruishi asked me to come here to learn how to do it."

The woman looked over my entire body again, then stared at [Yoiyami] I was carrying and nodded.

"Hmm.... that nice weapon you have, alright' I will bring that out... Oh right! my name is Akagane, no need for honorifics because I get annoyed when people talk to me like that. I'm looking forward to working with you."

I grabbed the hand she offered me and felt her squeeze it as hard as she could. I'm not sure why she's doing that, but it's not like I'm that eager to do a contest of strength, so I'll need some excuse to get out of this.

And above all... I had trauma with hand squeezing.

"......Girl, You look like an eel."

"No, not really."

Akagane looked a little unsatisfied but quickly walked toward the workshop's backdoor.

"Follow me! You can't swing an axe inside a workshop."

"Okay."

In the backyard of the workshop I was brought to, there were a lot of logs lying around.

Some were big, some were small, some were thick, and some were thin. They were really many sizes, but there seem at least three different kinds of wood.

"If you're on a wood-chopping quest, you at least know that moonlight trees are deadly hard, right?"

"I was informed."

"The moonlight tree is a magical tree that grows by absorbing the moon's magic power. You can use it to make furniture that will last for a hundred years, and it's also a versatile material that can be used for armor. In addition, the wood from this tree burns much longer than other trees. It's the ideal wood."

"But it's hard and difficult to process."

"That's the first point. First of all, it's difficult to make tools for processing it. You need overheavy metal."