131

"Are you aware of this cavern located in the depths of the ancient ruins of the Flame?"

"I think it was written on the map."

"It's a typical cave-type dungeon where you have to dive down to the deepest level and then go back up to the upper level on the other side. The dungeon boss, the Flame Golem, will be waiting for you near the exit, and although it is the first flame attribute boss monster, it is not very strong. The dungeon itself is the test, so the bosses here and in the World Tree Cave aren't that strong."

"Mm-hmm."

Sure, it would be pretty heartbreaking if after you spent almost five hours to get to the boss, but then everything you did up to that point was in vain because the boss is too strong.

There's still a lot more to explore beyond Griffith. It's not your final destination or something.

"The Volcano Golem appears in the deepest, most scorching part of the dungeon. Perhaps you can call that as the core of flaming zone."

"Uh, do I need to use a more effective resistance item than tomaton?"

"Yes, you do. However, since this is my request for assistance, I have prepared that as well."

The cold tomatons I had this time were not very effective in increasing my resistance to the heat, and their duration was not that long.

And not long after that, Meguru then handed me a higher quality fire resistance potion he had prepared.

"Now, as I mentioned earlier, the Volcano Golem's attribute is [Hellfire]."

"You want to emphasized that it is different from fire and flame."

"Yes. It is a higher attribute than fire. It does not have to activate the damage bonus from water or ice. Instead, it completely nullifies lower attributes that are not its weakness, and it absorbs flame attacks. In order to fight against it, you have two choices: use the same upper attribute attack or fight it with a pure physical attack."

"Ohh, I get it... that's where I'm needed."

That's the main reason my Meguru chose me.

My high level, of course, one of the reason, but it would be better to have a player that specialized in physical attack while using a blunt weapon.

Since the proto-golem roaming around the area had slash resistance, it was hard to imagine that the Volcano Golem did not have one.

I guess it would be hard to find a player in Griffith that could bypass that resistance and have firepower appropriate for this boss.

The popularity of bladed weapons in WLO is high.

As you can see, most of the attackers in the last raid battle were swordsmen, the most used weapon currently is the [One-handed sword], and the second-most used weapon is the [Two-handed sword].

Of course, this was divided by category, so the term [one-handed sword] includes all types of one-handed weapons, such as short swords, curved swords, and rapier. Two-handed swords, likewise, have weapons such as Greatsword and Katana.

These two weapon categories are the most popular, with a usage rate of 60% of all players, excluding magicians.

The third most used weapon was the bow, with another 20% of the player base using it, and the rest seemed to be a rivalry of mixed sorts, with eccentric people using their favorite weapons as they saw fit.

Suppose you ask me why swords are so popular. In that case, I can give you any number of reasons, such as the fact that they have a wide variety of attribute attacks that make them easy to use or the fact that there are so many users of swords that the template for stat allocation for those weapons is already established.