56

(3rd POV)

「Aah....so it's already night.」

In a room inside an old castle, one girl muttered this.

With half-asleep eyes, she slowly raised her body.

On top of an elegant and luxurious bed that didn't match the aged interior at all, she sat languorously.

「Ryin...Ryin, where are you....?」

「I'm just below you, you know...?」

The girl had called out in a sweet voice for the one she yearned for, but she heard the reply right below her bottom.

Hearing the thorny words, the girl smiled. As if a child had found their toy, an innocent smile appeared on her face.

「Oh my, Ryin. Just when did you become my bedding?」

「The one who forcefully dragged me to the bed, even though I didn't want to, was Melty, right!?」

A girl who was wearing nothing lay underneath her. She was a brown-haired lady that had only one area on her that had grown greatly.

She had bite marks all over her body. The female――Ryin――with dark bags under her eyes, gave a reply colored with irritation at the girl playing dumb.

「Didn't I make you feel good in the end? Just what are you dissatisfied with?」

Having her own foolishness pointed out, Ryin's face turned red and after tensing it for a bit, she exploded.

「You id-....... That's not the problem, okay!? I'm sleepy, you know, I! am!! Sleepy! And because you were biting me with your teeth while you were half asleep, I couldn't sleep, you know!!」

「Geez....you sure are lively even though you just got up....」

Because she was being shook around by Ryin, who had both hands grasping her shoulders, the girl who looked like she was anemic――Melty Blood Heart――knitted her brows as she said that.

This place was known as the 『Castle of the Forgotten Time』. The《Heavenly Eye》, the 《Witch of the Forgotten time》 , the《Fallen Star》......this was the castle of this being with innumerable names, the strongest vampire.

Recently, inside this world where time was warped, Melty had been with her favorite toy, living a life where time never changed.

「.....Melty, a letter came, you know.」

「Oh my, there really is. That's rare.」

It seemed she was still in a bad mood. Melty retrieved the letter from Ryin, who still had a grouchy look on her face, and with a wave of her finger, she opened it.

In the first place, she had no idea who would send a letter to her, a being who only descended to the human world when she felt like it.

「Heee~.......fuunn....Ara ara.」

「Hey, what was written?」

Seeing Melty react to the letter, Ryin became interested in its contents and went to peek at it.

But of course Melty wouldn't allow that. As Ryin was about to read the letter, it burned and turned to ashes.

「What do you think it was?」

「I didn't know, that's why I asked you.」

「Geez, don't sulk......It's just that the stars have started to revolve.」

「Stars?」

In response to Melty's mysterious words, Ryin tilted her head.

Since the times of old, Melty would always use roundabout expressions when talking about important things.