34

While bracing against the wind pressure, we were dumbfounded by the huge dragon that had landed.

A white flash surged.

The instant I thought that, there was a huge hole in my side.

「…..Eh?」

Not having any time to process it, I acted on a bad premonition and jumped to the right. A flaming sphere that was two meters in diameter passed through where I had just been.

「That’s just-…absurd.」

「Kyaaaaaaaaaaa.」

「Rou-….ts.」

When the sphere collided with the ground, there was a small explosion, and I handled the shock with an ukemi. Then I heard Rou’s scream. (9: ukemi is a technique to land safely from a dangerous fall or something.)

Most likely, Rou received the same kind of attack that I had.

Had the first sudden attack on me distracted her or something? Because even Rou, who had a way higher status than me, was unable to deal with the attack properly and was blown away.

It seemed that Rou didn’t die. However, unlike I, who landed safely, Rou continued to be blown away by the force of the attack. Tumbling further and further away, it seemed like she wouldn’t be able to return for a while.

Had the dragon named Apocalypse come to the same conclusion? Its golden eyes shone as it focused its aggro on me.

True Dragon of Truth. I didn’t really know what the dragon’s name implied, but the pressure I could feel from it was extraordinarily huge. If I gave it just a glance, I would think the one before my eyes was a Named Boss Monster. But was this existence before me really such a simple being?

After all, I couldn’t see its level. There shouldn’t be any levels written as ???. Or at least, this was the first time I’d heard of being unable to see a monster’s level. There was also a possibility that our levels were so far apart that I was unable to see its level. Then there was the possibility that this monster was part of an event.

Well, no matter the reason, the situation was hopeless either way. After all, the HP of the dragon in front of me easily exceeded ten bars.

「So, I lost a minute, is it….?」

It seemed like its attack hadn’t dealt that much damage. Looking at my HP, there were roughly two minutes left on the《Ravenous Wolf》skill.

Fortunately, there wasn’t much pain, but I could still feel the empty space where the hole was. The main problem was that losing a part of my stomach caused me to bleed, triggering a damage over time effect.

From the beginning, I had already lost some HP, but because of Ravenous Wolf’s effect, the damage over time was doubled. I knew that I could only last a little longer. 

Now, let’s analyze the situation.

There was no way to win.

My remaining time was short.

I didn’t have any allies.

And there was only one enemy.