121

Tl note: changing erosion to corruption, for obvious reason.

<<Result: Removing the [Wrath] corruption>>

<<Result: Terminating the activation of [Furious Rage]>>

<<Result: Bad Status [Kishin Corruption] has been granted.>>

System Message: The death of the dead skill user has activated the counselling system.

"eh...?"

I had lost all of my HP at the hands of Kohaku and had been sent to a mysterious white room without respawning.

Two chairs were placed facing each other in a pure white room, and there was a door in front of them. There's nothing else here. I was seated in one of the chairs.

My avatar remained the same as when I was under the effect of the dead skill, black cracks covered my entire body.

"Excuse me."

"Iris?"

"Yes, that's right, traveler Sukuna. It hasn't been too long since the last time we met."

The one who opened the door and came in was Iris, the navigator.

She was the NPC in charge of exchanging items in the safe room for all players during this event; her feature is similar to the nun-like character who was usually in charge of tutorials.

She sat down in a chair facing me and took out a large menu card.

"This is a counseling room. Originally this was a space for comforting otherworld travelers who had exceeded a certain emotional level when they were wandering in my world."

"Originally?"

"Yes. Your dead skill [Furious Wrath] was created with an assumption that a traveler will be the one who active it, it will be triggered when the emotional value of the traveler reaches an abnormal level, and most travelers would have their souls returned to their original world."

"most... So there are conditions under which they are not returned?"

"Yes. I'm not going to go into details, but simply put, if a traveler has the ability to accept an emotional value to the point that their spirit does not collapse even after activating [Furious Rage], they will not be forced to return to their original world. In your case, five minutes is your utmost limit."

I'm sorry to Iris for explaining this so carefully, but my mind is not working at all right now.

Even with that all information she gave me, I could only give a vague response.

"I feel like I can't use my brain right now... anyway, why did Iris come to meet me?"

"Counseling, or perhaps it's more accurate to call it confirmation. If you are not able to calm down your emotion and regain your normal state of mind, we will have to restrict your visit for a while. Traveler Sukuna, your condition is acknowledged as normal, but due to the effects of your dead skill, we will limit your visit for two days."

I see. So you're here to check if I'm mentally unstable? Is it possible that my condition is written on that big menu card?

It's hard to tell because Iris doesn't use many game-like terms, but it looks like I won't be able to log in for two days.

Oh well, I also feel tired. I think it's a good idea to let things cool down for a couple of days.

"...okay, that's fine."