137

It was a large mansion with a Japanese-style touch.

Kokuyo led me not to a large room where the chief usually be, be to a plain-looking room.

Through the paper door, I could vaguely see a figure behind it.

"Chief, it's me, Kokuyo. Pardon my intrusion."

"yeah, just come in~~."

What came back in response to Kokuyo's formal words was a very relaxed reply.

"Thank you, Sukuna. Let's go in."

"Excuse me."

I opened the paper door and stepped into the room, following Kokuyo's lead.

This is the first time I've ever felt tatami mats in this world, and perhaps because WLO is a game from Japan, one of the more subtle elements in this game is the ability to remove your footgear when indoors. {tln1}

Of course, that's just for appearance's sake; in reality, they're still equipped. Because in my case, I my whole red wolf set will become unequipped if remove even some part of it.

I was subconsciously bothered by the feeling of my feet, but then I set my sights on the person who was probably the village chief.

There lay a girl with white hair in kotatsu, peeling a mandarin orange. She looks like Kokuyo, with the only difference being the color of her hair and eyes.

It's so cute to see her in her hanten. ...wait, it's almost summer in this world, isn't it?

"Eh? a guest!?"

"That's right, sister."

"Idiot! If you have a guest, you should at least tell me! Oh, my God, to think they see me like this ..."

The village chief, a silver-haired girl started to throw her complains to Kokuyo as if she wants to say, "seriously, spare me.".

Careless, very careless.

That was my first impression of the village head.

"Please wait a minute. I'm going to get ready."

"Very well. Sukuna, I'm sorry, but would you like to go outside for a moment?

"Oh, okay."

Kokuyo took me out of the room again.

Did she expect this to happen? She had an extremely calm expression on her face.

"She's your older sister...?"

"Yes, my unfortunate older sister."

"That was surprising. Are you a twin?"

"As you had guessed, we are twins."

Somehow she said it in a harsh tone, but not to the point of hate. Perhaps because of their personality differences and the fact that they were sisters made her stricter on her than the others.

So, Kokuyo comes from the village chief bloodline.

I thought I understood her position well enough because she is Kohaku's master, but even without that, she must hold a quite high position in oni tribe.

Her position is probably one of the reasons why the residents respect her.

"You may enter."

I heard the village head's voice from inside, and we entered the room again.

She was still dressed in her pajamas and hanten, but the kotatsu had been put away somewhere, and two good quality cushions had been prepared in its place.