Chapter Twenty Two

Option Two: B

Alex’s POV

It was time. I’m supposed to pick John up in ten minutes, but I didn’t see any reason why I couldn’t be a little early. After all, we’ve both been waiting for this for a long time.

I drive to his house. I had a great date planned for us. We were going to go to dinner, and then I would take him to a park where we could look up at the stars and talk, kind of like how we used to. John's a romantic, I've known this since high school, so anything we do has to look like it came straight out of a romantic comedy movie.

I pull up and look over to his house, mentally preparing myself to go pick him up. I grab the flowers off my seat and look back at the house to see the door opening.

I see John at the door, but he was looking inside, as if he were looking at someone else. I raise an eyebrow as he attempts to usher the person out.

I suddenly see Francis come into the doorway and I stare at them in confusion. I don't know why Francis was there, but he was standing a bit close to John.

I roll down my window and go to say something, but Francis made direct eye contact with me and smirked. The smirk was unsettling in so many ways, but what was worse was when he kissed John.

He leaned in and kissed him, right in front of me. He pushes him against the door frame and John places his hands on his chest, but I don't see much resistance.

I honk the horn and John eventually pushes Francis off of him and looks to me, seeming more shocked than anything.

Francis steps back and stares at me as John runs towards my car, going to open the door. I lock it before he could, though, and he stares up at me through the open window.

"Alex, please let me in, it's not what it looks like." He begs.

I frown and shake my head. "I've seen all I need to see, John. You should have just told me you still had feelings for Francis."

He freezes and stares at me with wide eyes. "I- But- What- Wait, no, Alex-"

I bite the inside of my cheek. "Look, I know I'm not exactly the best person in the world, but you didn't have to lie to me."

"I wasn't- I-" John stammers. He didn't say anything, which said everything for him. He was back with Francis, and I was an idiot who didn't realize it sooner.

I throw the flowers out the window. "There, you can have them. See you later, John."

He bends to pick up the flowers and I roll my window up, driving off as he did. I look in my rear view mirror to see him staring at my car, the now smushed flowers in his hands.

Francis comes up next to him and wraps his arm around his waist and I immediately look back to the road. I didn’t need to see him with another person.

I sigh softly and continue driving, not sure where I was headed. I could go to the bar, I suppose. But that was a terrible solution. I can’t just go drink whenever I’m feeling upset.

I now get how John felt, though. Seeing the person you really care for with someone else. It hurts like hell.

I deserve this, in all honesty. I’ve been doing it to him for the past like ten years. It was better that he found someone new. Even though Francis doesn’t seem like the best guy, if he’s who he wants I won’t stop him.

I finally pull into a parking lot when I realize I'm not driving anywhere and rest my head on my steering wheel. I need to get over this, I can't be upset.

John deserves to be happy, I can't stand in the way of that.

I just thought…

No, nevermind. I cannot put myself above John's happiness. Not this time.

I groan and look at my phone, debating texting him. I know I shouldn't, but I had to tell him I wasn't mad at him.

It didn't matter, we would see each other soon enough anyway.

I sit back in my chair and think of where I could go. I could go back to my house. Eliza is with Maria now, but she's still a good friend.

I could also just drive around a little more. Get my emotions out and not have to deal with people for a little while longer. Then maybe I could head over to John's later, and we can talk.

I'm not sure if either is a good option, but I know I can't go back now. Not when he's with Francis.

Option One: Go back home
Option Two: Drive around a little longer

Place your votes here ☞☞

835 Words

A bit shorter chapter but look I'm trying here

Also my bad teasing you guys with a date like that. Technically, option A would have given them a date. But.. you guys chose option B. My bad

:)