Kabanata 38

The process is growth, and not perfection. I read the line on the book inside my head over and over again. I touched the letters as if I can actually feel it. Simple words yet had managed to devours my mind all day long.

Those words, is it enough to know if I've already reach my growth? Am I still in the process of growth? It's been years yet all I had manage is to travel around the world and tried to removed all the negativity and toxic in my life. Sa bawat araw at taon na lumipas, nasaksihan ko ang maraming bagay sa mundo na hindi ko napagtutuunan ng pansin.

I caged myself in pain long enough, and as of the moment I think I've done enough. Years is enough, but I will always remember that I am still me, will never be perfect, but there's always someone who will find me as one. I'm halfway through, and I hope that one still in there.

I was back to my senses when my phone rings. I answered the call without looking at the screen.

"Hello, Gracia speaking." I said flatly.

"Gracey!!!"sSomeone shouted on the other line with enthusiasm.

Mabilis kong nilayo ang cellphone sa tainga ko at mabilis ring binaba. I know who owns that voice. That bitch! Nothing has changed. Sa kabila ng inis na nararamdaman ko, hindi maiwasang lumabas ng ngiti sa labi ko.

Hindi lumipas nang ilang oras at tumunog ulit ang cellphone ko. "What?!" Pagkuwaring inis kong sabi.

"Hey! Don't bitch me out! You suddenly turn off the phone without saying anything. You hurt me!" Pabebe nitong sabi sa kabilang linya.

"Shut up Laide! Spill the beans, I know you want something from me." I said and sighed.

I heard Laide laughed like a mad woman on the other line. "I didn't know you're a fortune teller now Gracey bitch! Come on, you know what I wanted."

Kahit hindi ko pa nakikita ang mukha nito. Alam kong malawak na ang ngisi na naka paskil sa labi nito. Tumingin ako sa kalindaryo na naka sabit sa dingding ng condo ko.

I sighed and took a deep breath. I guess it's time...

"Sunday morning , meet me at the Airport"

Before I can fully heard her scream, I immediately turned off the phone. Time did not even pass Laide called again.

"What!? I've said what you wanted, ano pa kailangan mo bitch!" inis ko nang sabi.

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Y-you're coming back? For real!?" She said stammering and surprised.

"I am." I turned off the call and throw it on my bed.

Tinitigan ko ang mga nakahanda ko ng damit sa iisang maleta. I've been thinking a lot to go home, butI I'm not yet ready. Lagi kong sinasabi, kaunti pa at kulang pa. Pero ngayon, ito na at sapat na, babalikan na kita. Stop the pain and let's filled our heart with love that have been lost, let's come back again on each others arms. I miss my home, I missed you Abel...

I heard the boarding announcement and look outside the windows. Preparing for landing, I clutched my hand tightly. I don't know but I suddenly felt uneasy. Alam ko na hindi ko pa siya makikita, pero bakit pakiramdam ko, kumakalabog na ang puso ko at nag haharutan na ang mga kulisap sa tiyan ko. Dahil ba iisang lugar na lang ang tinatapakan naming ng amo nila? The heck what I was thinking!

I calmed my mind, and shut my thoughts. Relax Gracia! It's not a matter of life and death situations. Breath. I told to myself.

I put my shades on and drag my suitcase while walking, I was walking straight ahead, when a kid bump into me. I immediately squat to help the kid and shook of its soiled clothes on the floor.

"Hey, kiddo are you okay?" I said gently.

The kid is a boy. Despite of its tiny body you can already see that this boy will definitely be a heartbreaker. 

"Yeah! I'm fine, I'm a grown up man." He said flexing his height by trying hard to tiptoe.

Hindi ko napigilan ang tumawa sa inasta nito. "Cutie," Pinching his cheeks.

The boy blushed. Mas lalo akong natawa nang may sumulpot na babaeng natataranta at nagmamadali. She's wearing a simple nude off dress and a wedge with her short blonde hair.

"Crist baby, are you okay, where have you been, I've been looking for you?" bakas ang pag- aalala sa mukha nito at namumuong luha sa mata.

"I'm okay mom, don't cry." The boy said and touched her mom's hand.

Lumingon sa akin ang babae at ngumiti ng banayad. "I'm sorry for troubling you, he's a bit cranky sometimes, but sure he's a sweet boy." Dire-diretsong sabi nito sa akin.

I smiled genuinely. "It's fine, you're son is such a sweet, no worries."

The girl heard their boarding flight and fix her son's hair.

"Ahmm, thank you--?"

"Gracia," I offered her my hand "Gracia, it's really nice to meet you. Say your bye Baby Crist."

The boy put a grumpy face, hearing the word baby. "I'm not a baby, just Crist will do!" Stomping his foot a little.

"Just say your bye baby, be a good boy." Her mom still insisted.

The boy sighed and look at me. His grumpy face, immediately vanished and took my hand and kiss the back of it, like a gentleman. I was a bit surprised but laughed with amazement.

"Bye big man, just a piece of advice,"

"...choose the right one." I squat to reach his level and lightly kiss his cheeks.

The woman smiled at me. "Thank you,"

I nodded and they off to go.

I put my shades back on and wander to find Laide, pero mukhang hindi ko na kailangan. I saw a big and bold letters on the small banner says BICTH! Partida at hindi pa naka angat ang kamay at tamad na tinitignan ang kuko sa daliri nito.

I reached her place and also looked on her long nails. "What's the matter with your nails?"

"Ahmm, it's a bit long, I guess I need a manicure, my nails feels dirty and I guess I should try—"

Natigilan ito sa sinsabi at nanlalaking tumingin ang mata sa akin.

"Bitch! You came! God! I missed you so much!" She hugged me tightly and check my appearance.

"You've been so distant, you never tried to make a video calls, you bitch!" She said hysterically and crying.

"I know I miss you too." I hug her back and lightly pull a strand of her hair.

"You had missed so much happening on these past few years. Kailangan mong bumawi."

"I know."

Kulang ang salitang mga binitawan ko kung tutuusin. Oo nga't bumalik pa ako sa lugar na ito. Pero may babalikan pa kaya ako?

KEYMEMOIRS

PLEASE DO VOTE AND COMMENT
Thank you and godbless!