Kabanata 1

"Fuck! yeah, that's it... More energy." I murmured.

I swayed my body as the loud music filled the room with full of drunken people. This kind of phase will never new to me. This is what I've been always looking.

A place where I belong, a place where I could be free and wild. Away from all the problems, away from the harsh reality of the world. I close my eyes and touch my breast until it landed on my waist.

Naramdaman kong may tumapik sa balikat ko. For a moment, I thought it was someone else, but as I turned around, I saw Yaella.

She's one of the bitches I've known on our university. Most popular of being a flirt, seducing men and definitely will spend her day for a quickie.

I looked at her and raised my one eyebrow. "What?"

She scoffed then raised her eyebrow as well. Can't she see that I'm having a fun? She's being an irritating rumpus! I'd rather spend my night drinking and be wasted instead of having a staring contest with this girl.

I sipped on the snifter glass bottoms up. Dumaloy ang pait ng alak sa lalamunan ko, somehow, the bitter taste of the alcohol doesn't affect my system anymore. I just got used to be having a taste of it every night. At walang magbabago.

I turned around, pero hinawakan niya ang braso ko. Now what? What does she really want? Her soft palm on my arm suddenly turned rough. Her pale brown orbs that's known to bewitch men. For a moment, I can see a virago holding a sharp knife as her weapon to dodge her foe.

Sadly it's me who's been wanting to smash off.  But not a chance sweetie!

"See that guy over there?" her sharp gaze landed on the man that's leaning over the bar counter.

Hindi ko talaga alam kung anong nais niyang i punto. For a sudden, I regret coming on here tonight. I could just easily turned my back at her and remove her hard grip on my arm. But, I can't. I maybe stubborn, brat and wild, but I still do have my manners in me.

"He's been looking at you, for about..."

Her head wanders while her point fingers swaying finding a best place to point out. Her face lit up when she saw what she's been looking for. "There, he's been looking at you since you came through that door,"

I still can't understand her. "Okay... so, what now?"

She smirked. "He's my couz, he likes you."

Oh! that's not new to me. I've been hearing a lot of men shouting my name everywhere. Texting me, and telling me that they wanted to spend a date night with me. But sorry, It's not my doings. I just have fun but don't flirt.

I smiled and bent towards her and whispered on her ear. "Not interested..."

I gave her the empty snifter glass, tinanggap kahit papaano. I returned her my alluring smile and turned my back at her and decided to go home.

I had fun anyway. Sa kada gabi na punta ko sa bar na iyon, ngayon ko lang naisipan umuwi ng maaga. I thought nothing would change, but, It's not a big deal. I look at my watch and it's already ten in the evening,

I sighed heavily. Just only two hours before I should go home, yet I found myself here in the car, sulking. I don't like changes, nasanay na akong umuuwi ng madaling araw. Pero ngayon lang talaga, dahil alam kong hindi magtatagal, lalapit sa akin ang pinsan ni Yaella.

As much as possible, I avoid men at the bar, I'm a bit tipsy, ayaw kong gumawa ng isang bagay na alam kong pagsisisihan ko rin.

Changes, I always hated it. They said that, the only permanent thing here in this world is changes. It can be either big or not, it's still changes.

Today you might walk around alone, but the next day, unexpectedly. You'll might found yourself together with your family. And this day, and the day after tomorrow, you found yourself struggling. But another day came, you will be showered with blessings. That's how changes works. It can be small or big, worst or not.

But what really matters is. It give us a big impact that will make sure our life will change in constant. That's how life goes. It can be either for a best or worst, but one things is for sure. This changes will make one lives turns upside down.

You do like changes? Still I don't, especially when you hear something that will totally change your whole life.

"Pack your things, tomorrow, you'll leaving"

It's just a simple and a plain words, but literally fucked me up!

"Why dad?"

Ang tunog ng kubyertos ang maririnig sa buong kusina, dahil sa binato kong tanong. Mom and dad both look at each other. Their eyes talking while their mouth are closed.

Mom signaled dad by a single nod. For a moment, I wanted to get to my room and shut the door closed and put my earpods on and finally shut the world out.

"You'll live in the province, together with your lolo,"

Nabitawan ko ang kubyertos na hawak ko na lumikha ng matinis na ingay ng tumama ito sa may plato. Ito ba? Damn  changes! Ito ba ang babago ng buhay ko? If it is... I don't like it. No, I hate it.

Province huh? Yes, we're rich, I have everything. Pero bakit pakiramdam ko unti unting kinukuha kung anong meron sa akin? sa lahat ng pwedeng puntahan bakit probinsya pa? Why not States? I closed my eyes tightly and directly looked at my mother and father, giving them a dissapointed looked.

Binitawan ko ang kubyertos kahit hindi pa ako tapos kumain. Nakakawalang gana. I don't have any rights to complained to them, I maybe wild and go out every night to have fun. Pero ni minsan hindi ko naman pinabayaan ang pag- aaral ko. Then fucking why so sudden!?

All along they've been planning this, at wala man lang akong ka alam alam sa gagawin nila. Kaya pala laging wala ang mga ito sa bahay, I thought they were on a vacation. But just a thought.

Morning came and all my things are packed, wala akong ideya kung anong rason nila sa pag punta sa akin sa probinsya. Isa lang naman ang alam kong pinupuntahan nilang probinsya dito sa pilipinas tuwing wala sila. Pampanga...

I don't know what should I feel, coming back on the place, that used to be my childhood memories. I was just 8 since my last visited on that place. But still that place give me the best childhood memories. But for a reason, that's part of the past.

Kung dati ay puro laro ang aatupagin ko doon, paniguradong may binibalak ang mga magulang ko sa pagkawala nila ng isang linggo.

I felt my mom warm embrace as I waited the car, that would take me to the province. Her hug brings me comfort and warm, but as she let go. I felt cold.

"Why mom? Bakit sa lahat ng lugar sa Pampanga pa? Why not States?"

She caress my cheeks and gave me a warm smile. "You'll understand soon dear..." she sighed. "Your Dad and I, we're doing it for your own good hmm,"

Tumango na lang ako kahit kabaliktaran ang nararamdaman ko sa sinabi niya. I smiled and gave her my last warm smile before entering the car.

That day, changes fully devours my life. Today I gave my mom my warmest smile, but I don't know what tommorow awaits for me. Or what might for the next year awaits for me. It could change me for the best or worst, and for a girl like me. All I could do is to, just go with the flow.

KEYMEMOIRS

PLEASE DO VOTE AND COMMENT
Thank you and godbless!