||25||

And here we are... home.

Since I didn't inform anyone that I'd be arriving sooner, I knew I'd need a rental car.
Once that was sorted after much hassle I manage to load the car with my luggage and drive through the busy streets of my hometown.
It feels good to be back, the buildings, the traffic, the hawkers and business men and women selling by the side of the road with the slow traffic.
You never see this downtown by Khale or Logan Square.

I am at my parent's house in minutes and stop by the gate, the car horn goes off once before the gateman answers.

Sucking in a breath, I step on the gas and drive through the paved driveway until I'm by the garage of the house. The door opens and it's Noni who steps out into the veranda.

"Well look who came in early to the party," she teases.
"Very funny," I scoff, grabbing my bags from the boot of the car.
"Where's James?" She looks around.
" Oh I don't know. You could ask him you know? Y'all are best friends now,"

The house hasn't changed since I left. I walk into the living room and find the usual; Noni's awards from high school, a family photo of the Yanés, a certificate I got for participating in a cooking competition in high school, and more awards on the display.
"Dad and mum aren't home, Gareth has taken them out to get dad checked up," Noni explains.
"What for?"
"General checkup. Nothing extra," she shrugs.
I nod and proceed to the corridor that leads to the bedrooms when I hear Noni calling her son from one of the rooms.

"Auntie Ima is here," she says from behind me and instantly a squeal is heard, then hurried footsteps until I feel hands locked around my legs from behind.

"Auntie!" he cries excitedly and I drop my bag to pick him up.
"Hey Gabe," I smile and believe me when I say this kid is the most adorable little human being I've ever seen. He giggles and hugs me, my body turning to Noni who smiles, walking over and helping me get my stuff into my room.

"Mommy got me a big truck, and I puh all the toys you got me for Christmas in its back," he says happily, " do you want to see?"
"Sure I do," I grin and soon we're out of my room and into the recreational room that had a corner for Gabriel to put all his story books and toys.
"I couldn't decide which toys to bring and he just made me take all these so dad had us use this corner," Noni explains as Gabriel shows me the truck he spoke of. We sit there as he plays around with the toys and I join him here and there, while having small talk with my sister.

We haven't had time to actually catch up up. And I know now is the only time.

"So how's work going?" I pop the question.
"It's really demanding," she sighs, "So far I'm just working on consulting because I have a baby to take care of. I've been let loose," she laughs.
"And Gareth?"
"He's doing most of the work while I care for Gabe. How's work going for you?"
"Pretty great," I say truthfully, "just having more clients so I have alot on my plate. Oh, and Kenya's wedding too, I'm helping organize it,"
"That's nice. I'm happy for her," Noni's phone rings and she answers immediately.

"Hello? Oh yeah sure, I'll start on it now," she ends the call and looks to me, " lets get started on the food."

I follow her into the kitchen and we fix supper, Gabe also tags along and plays outside where we can see him.

An hour passes and the food is now in warmer, the dinner table is all set and I decide to do the dishes.

"Ma Gabe (mother of Gabe), we have arrived," that can only be my mother. I hear voices and walk to the kitchen door, my parents oblivious to me standing there.