||7||

Work has my neck today as more files on project reviews, property developments and even more project reviews pile up on my desk.

"Coffee please, Wendy," I stare at a file and I felt my eyes going over the same line over and over.

My mind is far away, with Christian. If my mind, body and soul wasn't such a protective ass, filtering every good man that I cross paths with, then I'd be happy.

Not that I can't have the happiness I desire, but the idea of sharing it with someone who'll suddenly drop me like a piece of burning coal is what concerns me. Either that or it's me being the problem. Maybe the series of coincidental encounters with Christian is God's way of telling me that I better not screw this chance up.

But just to play safe, I'll keep my guard on and be ready for anything.

My next meeting is in five with a client and I massage my temples to ease off of Christian dominating my mind.

"Welcome, have a seat," I smile, ushering my client in...

× × ×

"Imani!" Pete walks in proudly, taking a seat across from my desk.
"Go home, Pete," I respond, still focused ln my PC.
"You know I can't do that and leave a lady all by herself," he says mischievously.
"Oh, I feel so protected," I say sarcastically.

"You should. I mean, a woman like yourself shouldn't be alone... single,"

I turn sharply and his glare is cunning.

"What, Am I lying?"
"Jesus, this man," I scoff. "That is none of your concern,"
"Well, I'm single and I'm not bothered by sharing it," he shrugs.
"Then that's you, Pete. Now if you'd excuse me, I need to lock up my office," I stand from my chair, grabbing my bag to leave when he suddenly stands in my way.

"Pete, what are you trying to achieve?" I ask, arms folded.
"You already know," his hand traces over the collar of my jacket, approaching my chest.

I grab his hand and look straight into his eyes.

"Don't think I'm dumb, because I'm not. If I were you I'd be on my way," I aggressively let go of him and push him away.

"I'm only letting you go because I'm not the ass you probably think I am," he tenses.
"Oh you're not an ass at all, Pete. But you are a jackass," I grin, " now get moving, I need to lock up," I cock my head to the side so he leaves.

I arrive at my house an hour later and there's enough time on my hands to relax.

And wine up!

Actually, no. It's still Monday and I have no plans to get wasted when work is the day after.

I grab a box of chocolates that I stashed a week ago in one of the drawers and couldn't help but grab a wineglass.

Before I know it, I'm sitting infront of my work desk watching a romantic movie on my laptop, about two freshmen who meet at a frat house party and fall in love soon after. This is the worst combo but hey, I'm single and I can do whatever I want,no?

Taking yet another sip, my eyes furrow at the empty glass in my hand, and with hopes to find more wine, jokes are finally on me. I waddle into the kitchen and find another bottle in one of my trays of wine, and smile lazily at the white wine in my hand.

"Let's get wasted," I sigh to myself and walk back to my desk when the doorbell rings.

"The hell do you want?!" I shout as I approach the door before swinging it open.

"Oh, Christie," I whine happily and wrap my arms round his rigid build.
"Are you okay?" He chuckles and his hot breath graces my face.
"Very," I nod and nuzzle into his neck.

"You're drunk," he says sternly.
"It's tipsy to you. And besides, you're not my guardian," I hiccup and walk back to my desk.

But it is Christian, right?

I turn and spot the bun tied to the back as he closed the door behind him. Yep, that's him alright.

"Why are you here?" I let him sit opposite my chair.
"You sent me a text, that I should come over," he slouches into the chair.
"No I didn't," I spat.

"Imani, you have my business card? I have yours?" He hands me his phone and I stare at the chat history.

Imani

20 Jan
Dates are set,hope you've seen them. Will send Logan Square's contacts incase anything happens. [15:00]

I have. Thanks ;-)[15:45]

Don't wink at me.[15:50]

Yes ma'am :-P[15:51]

Today

I need you over. The tap in my kitchen broke. [19:59]

It's pretty late...but okay?[20:05]

This couldn't be me. I reach for my phone and my jaw drops.

It couldn't be me, unless ofcourse I sent it while watching an erotic scene? No, there wasn't such a scene in that movie, that's impossible.

"I was in a phase," I scowl at my phone, shaking the thought out my head.
"Uh-huh," he raises a brow at me.

I felt myself sobbering a bit and I know I need more wine to forget how much of a desperate romantic I am.

Hopeless... A hopeless romantic is what I am.

"So there's no broken tap?" He asks, following me into the kitchen.
"Would you like some sparkling wine, Mr Greear?" I ignore his question as I pour the sizzling drink in a tall glass because it isn't that hard to notice that the sink right behind me is clean, empty and not broken.

"Um...,"
"Mr Greear," I snap and he jumps," would you like some sparkling w- tsk, this isn't going anywhere," I grunt, grabbing another glass and pouring the drink in it for him.

"You just love it having a lady do stuff for you, don't you?"
"Actually I don't," he responds with a smile as he takes the glass. "Thanks,"

"So what do you love?" I lean over the counter, resting my chin on one hand.
"I don't think you'd want to hear my answer in the state that you're in, " he chuckles, sipping his wine.

"I know the number of hairs on your beard," I blurt.
"Yup, you're drunk." He confirms yet again.

"Do you like movies?"
"A bit, why?"
"Follow me," I beckon and lead him to the living room.

"Sit," I instruct, leaving him there while I got us some fleece blankets.

I return from my search and throw the ocean blue material on him, placing my laptop on the coffee table with my other hand.

"Multitasking... nic-"
"Shut up," I snap as I sat next to him, nudging into his chest.

I have no idea of what my intentions are tonight, but after watching the first half of this college romance movie, I had to have a male counterpart watching it with me.

Just like in the movies, not that I'm living one but who knows, this wine is certainly bringing the best out of me... I hope.

__________________________________