||38||

Sunday arrives faster than expected, meaning we're counting down days til the wedding.

So far it's going great spending time with my dad. He is aware that one of my closest friends is soon to be married and he's okay with attending the white wedding.
Noni managed to get Kenya a gift before her departure which warmed my heart because they also bonded a little, even with Hannah.

At the moment, I'm driving home with my dad from the church I go to. He seems to be at ease so I'm assuming church was grand for him.

"Would you like to stop somewhere for lunch?" I ask.
"Of course. How could I turn down such an offer," I laugh at his response, making a turn to Logan Square.
"This place looks immaculate," he praises.
"I knew you'd love it. I actually work with the owner of this place, he's extending it so I'm part of the project," I fill him in.
"Oh that's good,"

I park the car and we head into the complex. Judging from his expressions he seems to like the place. We find a restaurant to eat in and settle down.

"I don't see any stores here," he comments.
"It's just restaurants here, strictly wine and dine," I respond.
"So what if I want Ceres juice and they don't have it here?" I deadpan at his question.
"Dad, Noni bought you juice. You can have any other here you'll still go home to some juice,"
"You'll ask the waiter and if they don't have, you'll go buy," he ends the discussion, looking into the menu card.

The waiter arrives and takes our orders, my dad being the man he is asks for Ceres mango juice- they have fresh mango juice but I reason with him until he gives in to take what they have.

Our afternoon goes well and we head home after.

The following day is cloudy and it's probably going to rain. It's seven am and I'm preparing breakfast and some afternoon snacks for my dad so that he doesn't have to. Once I'm done I head back to my room to freshen up quickly, then sliding into a forest green dress and pairing with black heels and my bob wig to match.

I walk down the staircase when I hear the sound of the coffee machine turned on and running.

"Good morning,dad." I greet him as he takes a sip of his cup of coffee.
"Good morning to you too my princess," he smiles at me and placing a cup on the countertop, "I'm assuming you're off to work?"
"Yeah I am. I made sure to make you some breakfast there's waffles in the Tupperware and then chicken salad for lunch. If you'd like anything else I'm just a phone call away," I hug him and he thanks me as I make my exit.

Khale is livelier today and I enter my office after greeting a few subordinates and giving orders here and there.

"Good Morning, Ms Yané," Wendy greets me.
"Good Morning, are you alright?" I notice her looking a bit off edge.
"Well..." she follows behind me to my desk where a blue booklet is resting.
"What is this?" I scan through it and pause when she starts to speak.
"Brisk called at 8am inform us about the changes with the Logan Square project. Mr Greear is handing over management to someone else. These are just the adjustments they sent plus schematics of what's left to do and if you have any questions they put contacts at the back,"

Of course I have questions! Like why the hell is he not informing me himself or at least coming back to finish this project?!

"Alright, thank you, Wendy," I sigh and begin work.

As the day progresses, my mind grows tired and I close up for the day at 3pm. I drive home and spend the rest of the day there.

At 5pm Kenya calls and let's me know the program for the week with the bridesmaids. I smile, because I'm looking forward to this wedding and its the only thing making me happy so far.