||24||

I wake up feeling like a sack of potatoes were thrown on my entire body. It's more disappointing coming to the realisation that Christian isn't here with me. I am happy though, that he was with me when I needed him to be. Now I have to face the music by myself.

March is approaching and I want to get to my parents house, listen and leave- that's the plan. I lift the duvet cover up and off my body and walk into the shower, passing the mirror to take a quick glance at myself before I freshen up.

"I sure need to get this hairdo out," I sigh before going under the shower head.

I'm out in minutes and quickly find something to wear for work, sliding into a beige bodycon dress and heels for the day.

The office is quiet as usual, with a few people settled in to start working. Wendy hasn't arrived yet, but that's not a problem. I need to push work so that I don't have to when I'm on leave, this is going to be a long day for me and if I don't get it done, I'm screwed.

My phone rings on the desk and the caller ID has mum flashing on the screen.

"Yes ma',"
"Good morning, I'm just calling to let you know that next week is March. I won't say much but I was talking to James days back and he's willing to come here with you,"

"I'll come by myself ma, it's fine," I respond quickly before she convinces me otherwise.
"I won't say anything more. Just return here with James,"
"Mum I'm not goi- mum?" she cuts the call before I even get the chance to end my sentence.

My day has just gone downhill after my mother called. Piles and piles of work sit on my desk and I retire early because- well, because a sister can't take it.

I pack up to leave early and enter the busy streets of town, traffic begins to clear and cars drive by swiftly. Stopping at a red light, I turn to my left and spot a young man, dark skinned with locks tied up in a bun.

"Aww," I say to myself and think of the day I saw Christian for the second time, the first being at Kenya's house. I should pay her a visit.

I make a turn for the nearest shortcut to her house and park in minutes. Her car is outside, so is Adrian's, lucky for me.

I walk to her porch just as my phone buzzes a few times. Pressing the doorbell, I reach for my phone while waiting for the door to be answered, and I find a message from James- looks like my mother spared no time to let him know that I need to be home.

"Hey, Imani. Come in," Adrian gives me a hug and lets me in, "Kenya just got out the shower so she'll be down soon."

"That's alright, it gives us time to catch up a bit," I sit down next to him in the living room.
"What, like did Kenya find out about the party plans? No," he chuckles.
"That's good. Christian and I talked about it as well, but I just need you to give me a definite date so he and I can sort the rest,"

"Hey, girl," Kenya startles me a bit and I smile, standing to give her a hug.
"Hey,"
"Haven't seen you in a while, what's up?" she glances over at Adrian.
"I just came to check up on you and also let you know I'm taking a little trip back home... but I will be back soon,"

"Did anything happen?" Adrian asks and Kenya walks over to sit with him while I took a seat opposite them.
"Well, nothing serious happened but I just need to be home to meet my parents for some meeting," Kenya looks warily into my eyes and I have a feeling she knows what is really going on, even though I did not disclose it to her.

"So when are you leaving?" Adrian inquiries.
"Friday. I also don't plan on staying longer than a week," I sigh.
"Imani," Kenya moves from her seat to hug me. I knew she had an idea of what's happening, and if that's the reason behind her embrace, I'm glad.

Adrian excuses himself to take a call, leaving Kenya and I to talk in depth of what is really going on.

"She wants you to go with James?!" her nose wrinkles as she spoke.
"I know, that's why I decided... I'm taking a flight. I haven't told my mother cause I don't want her to make arrangements of her own in his favor," I roll my eyes.
"Does Christian know about you leaving?"
"Yeah, I had to tell him," I sigh and a small smile surfaces on my face.
"How is it going with you two?"
"Well..."
"Y'all are back together, I know," she rolls her eyes before chuckling.
"We worked things out," I simply state.
"I'm happy to hear that. Christian is a really amazing man and you're an amazing woman and seeing the two of you together is just -bliss," Kenya stares into space with a cherub smile.
"Thank you," I smile back.

×××

"Do you have everything?"
"Yeah, everything is here," I look around my room one more time.
"Except for me, ofcourse," I turn sharply at Christian with a smirk on my face.
"Relax it's just for a few days and I'll be back before you know it," I assure him.
"Don't I get to tag along and surprise them?" He chuckles.
"You'd be giving my parents a heart attack is what you'll be doing," I snort at the thought. It would be thrilling to find out their reaction, anyway...

"I'll miss you ," Christian whispers, taking my hand and pulling me closer to him on the edge of the bed. His hand runs to my waist, gripping me and soon I'm straddling him.
"I'll miss you too," I whisper back, caressing the nape of his neck as my lips draw closer to his.
"I love you," he says breathlessly and our lips meet, his teeth grazing my bottom lip softly.
"I love you too," I smile, our foreheads now touching.

We load everything into Christian's Audi, and I inform the security at the main entrance to the estate that I'd be gone for a few days.

Christian plays his usual edm, his thumbs tapping the steering wheel rhythmically as he drives through the busy traffic. I scroll through my phone before the idea of snapping a picture of Christian hits me.

I smile, turning the camera towards him as he drives, he looks oblivious to it, and once my phone clicks I snicker.

"What are you doing?" He side glances, a chuckle escaping his lips.
"Nothing," I grin, turning the camera so I take a selfie next. The car stops at a red light and Christian looks into the camera, his perfect teeth peek out as the most handsome grin is plastered on his face. We take a few more pictures before we're in drive again.

The car comes to a halt and I realise we've arrived at the airport. I spot Kenya, Adrian and Hannah outside the building, approaching them with my light luggage and embracing my bestfriends.

"Do you have everything?" Kenya asks. I nod yes and notice Adrian and Christian conversing on the side.
"I see you brought Christian along," Hannah smirks just as Kenya does the same.

"Hey, Christian," Hannah smiles at him, glancing at me to throw a wink.
"Hannah, hey," they side hug and does the same for Kenya.
"It's good to see y'all together," Hannah smiles like a nosy mother -or aunt.
"Well, it feels good too," Christian stands behind me, his hand resting on my hip.

It's too bad I'm leaving when everything is going so well for us, but I'm happy I'll be back in no time.

We all make our way inside and wait for the announcement for me to board the plane. I'll be leaving in 45 minutes, and once time flies, I give my friends one last hug.

"See you when we see you," Adrian says once he's next to hug me, and then Christian.

I know we already talked earlier but ah heck, one more hug wouldn't hurt. He walks up to me and wraps his arms around me, says he loves me and kisses my forehead.

"I'll be waiting,impatiently I guess," he laughs softly.
_____________________________________
Thank You All who are reading and voting and I appreciate it so much 🌞♥️
I'm slow with the updates but I'm thinking maybe I should make the chapters a lil longer but either way I'm pacing myself. But I'll definitely be posting more chapters soon.
Bless🌞