||13||

"Girl your hairdo is amazing!" Kenya compliments.
"Thank you,"I kiss her on the cheek as I sit down with her before doing the same for Hannah.

"Is there a reason behind what you just did?" Hannah's jaw drops.
"What did I do?"
"Oh don't give me that, you know what I meant," she swats.
"Plus you're acting different today," Kenya purrs , taking a sip of her cocktail.

"Can we just enjoy our girl's night and pause with the remarks," my eyes bulge at my last words.
"Fine," they said in unison.

We're back at the jazz club, since our last night out had us with major hangovers the next day... we're getting old, I know.

As usual, I am the first to stand and ask to leave.

"It's literally ten pm, why would you want to go now?" Hannah frowns.
"I'm sleepy," I grab my small purse, taking out my phone to make sure I got the time right.

I walk out the club and into my car, driving off slowly but surely.

The next day is cloudy once again, and with January coming to an end, I know the road will be filled with cars to and from malls because obviously it was payday the day before.

Meaning, I can't go to work. Meaning I'm spending my Saturday in bed. Meaning I'll be able to dream endlessly without being bothered.

The drawer next to the headboard vibrates from the phone. Only once, indicating that it is a message.

Christian
Today

Good morning. Are we going hotel scouting today? [0844]

Oh no. Kenya's request for Hannah's birthday.

Can't I sleep so that I don't doze off in church tomorrow?

My phone rings and I swipe the screen-pissed...kinda.

"What?!"I snap into the device.
"Are you okay, Imani?"
"Never felt better, Christian. What do you want?"
"I was wondering why you weren't responding actually, have you seen the message I sent?"
"Ofcourse I have, why today?"I ask, annoyed.
"Because it's-"
"Because it's Saturday, I know that," I cut in, and I hear him chuckle on his end.

"I'll be by your house in a bit. Trying to beat traffic here,bye,"

"Uuggh!" I scream, angrily pushing the duvet off of my body.

I didn't want to get out of bed today! And he better bring a peace offering, because I have a rack of knives if there isn't any.

-

"Good morning,"
"Just get in before I lash out at you," I cock my head to the side so he enters.
"Are you always this uptight in the morning?"

I stop in my steps, analysing his question.

Is he being provocative?

"Am I this uptight? What do you think?" I smile an emotionless smile.
"That I don't like that smile?" He responds, arms folded.
"I'll let you go on this one because we have to make progress- for Hannah," I march into the kitchen to make breakfast for myself.

"Your kitchen looks lovely, by the way," he walks around the island and follows me to the sink.
"Thank you," I say uninterested. He just made me not want to strangle his neck over me being uptight.

Pshh, as if I'm uptight in the first place!

"What are you thinking about?" He asks in a low tone.
"Ways to kill you after Hannah's birthday party," I respond in monotone.