||17||

We arrive at my house and I hop off the vehicle and turn around. Lord knows I don't want him to leave, but I know I can't let him stay.

"Goodnight," I smile, walking away when I stop in my steps. "Christian?"

He looks in my direction and tries to read my expression.

Hopefully he can't, I don't want him to.

"Yes?"
"Why aren't you escorting me inside like you always do?" I tilt my head to the side.
"Oh, um... I didn't think you'd want me to?"
"You didn't think I'd want you to-Wow!" My hands fall and my sides.

"You know, if you want me to stay you can just ask," he chuckles before parking his truck infront of the garage.

He follows me inside and into the kitchen before I take out two bottles of water and place them on the counter.

"To what do I owe this invitation?" He smirks.
"So much for 70s English, Christian," my nose wrinkles at his question.
"I just want to know why I've been summoned this time," he chuckles,taking a seat a the tall chair.

I'm lonely, duh.

"I just needed an escort, Christian, nothing fancy," I shake my head, opening the bottle.

I know that was a bold faced lie.

"Meaning I can go?"
"Do you want to?"
"Well if you want me to, then I can,"
"Christian,"
"Imani," he says it so perfectly.

"Answer my question,"
"Answer mine first," he leans forward.
"Stop acting like a child, Christian,"
"Stop acting like you don't want me to stay, Imani," his tone is sly, and playful.

"I have something to say first," I walk towards him, "I...am, um... I'm sorry," the word is foreign to me but I'm glad I finally got it out in the open.

"Oh? But, you kinda did noth-"
"I'm sorry, Christian. For lashing out at you earlier today over the darn waitress,"
"Darn?" I wipe the smirk off his face with my annoyed expression and continue.

"Ok, sorry about that too. You did not deserve it at all, I just have this- thing, of throwing my rage on people who," I take in a deep breath to continue, "...who have nothing to do with my rage,"

"Well, I was still sorry. I said you were overreacting and it was wrong of me," his hand takes mine and I move closer. " But, whatever it is that's bothering you, you can always share it ?"

And what, tell you that James has told my sister that I'm with a white man?

"It's really not that easy, if you ask me," I sigh.
"Well, we are a couple now," he coaxes me.
"I know," the thought is thrilling.

"So, I think we shouldn't express our problems with anger, but being calm about it with each other," his hand moves from my hand to the small of my back, and the proximity between us vanishes.

"I'll work on that," I follow his lead, wrapping my arms round his neck as our foreheads touch.
"And so will I," his lips peck mine softly before going in, his tongue passionately searching my mouth and I grant him access.

My stomach fluttters at his touch, his free hand lifts one thigh and I oblige, snaking his  waist before he stands to place me on the counter, our lips still in union.